3ds or vita?

#21Primum_MobilePosted 5/9/2013 4:09:55 AM
>.> there's no right answer for you TC. Might as well just flip a coin.... or get both.
I say 3DS right now, since the chance of Vita having a price drop in the "near" future is higher than 3DS. But i pulled that out of my ass, so you don't have to believe it.
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#22oldhbk76Posted 5/11/2013 12:03:18 AM
since your asking on this board i will say vita
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789
#23656stoogePosted 5/11/2013 12:09:39 AM
I'll buy a Vita as soon as it starts getting a decent amount of support. As it stands, it's the price of a PS3 over here but with only two or three games I'm even interested in (Persona, Uncharted, Gravity Rush).

Maybe if it was like the 3DS and could play last gens games, but I know if I bought one now then I'd regret it.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#24NerdstickPosted 5/11/2013 4:00:49 AM
You can play 'last gen' games, PSP games, purchased off of Playstation Network. And if you do, unlike the 3DS, they'll be purchased to your account, which you can not only use on multiple devices, but log into and redownload your games on a new Vita should you lose it.

PSN also has PS1 titles similar to Virtual Console, which again, is not only licensed to an account for multiple devices, but you can play them on your PS3 as well, for free.
#25PHEEliNUXPosted 5/11/2013 4:10:48 AM
I say 3DS

Vita is better than before but IMO doesn't worth a buy until either a price drop or more games that interest me, And 3DS has more games
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#26mumpsy21Posted 5/11/2013 4:26:35 AM
Depends on which games you prioritize. I chose 3DS because the last Nintendo I had was a gameboy color and I'd never played Mario or Zelda before.

But honestly I kind of regret it a bit because Sony almost always has my type of games, it's just that 3DS had a way bigger library than the Vita. Oh and of course being able to play previous gen games on it is nice.
---
The only thing I'll be waving is your decapitated head on a stick in front of your weeping mother.
#27656stoogePosted 5/11/2013 4:36:28 AM
Nerdstick posted...
You can play 'last gen' games, PSP games, purchased off of Playstation Network. And if you do, unlike the 3DS, they'll be purchased to your account, which you can not only use on multiple devices, but log into and redownload your games on a new Vita should you lose it.

PSN also has PS1 titles similar to Virtual Console, which again, is not only licensed to an account for multiple devices, but you can play them on your PS3 as well, for free.

I have a large collection of PSP games already. The option to purchase all of those games again, and at a much higher price than I paid originally, doesn't exactly thrill me.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#28Binba442Posted 5/11/2013 4:41:33 AM
get 3ds, it's got a great upcoming library, then grab VITA on price-drop when it has Killer apps.
#29Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/11/2013 7:18:14 AM
3DS is a pretty easy choice in my opinion.

In terms of PS vita - as someone who owns a psp and a ps3 I just do not have a reason to purchase it for any reason at this point. The only thing I can think of that I feel like I'm missing out on that has been localized is P4G - but I've played the original too many times to be convinced to buy a whole system for it.

Maybe if they have a really good deal this black friday/christmas I'd consider it.
#30Bennett2428Posted 5/11/2013 10:26:59 AM
It all comes down to the genres you enjoy more. I'm an RPG whore, so the 3DS won my heart. Though, the selling point that made me want a Vita in the first place was Ruin (now titled Warrior's Lair.)

Once Dragon's Crown, Warrior's Lair, and Ys IV are out, I'll enjoy my Vita a lot more.

Let me list my credentials here to show I'm not biased.

From Sony- PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP (had the 1000 now have a 3000), PSP Go, Vita

From Nintendo- NES, SNES, GC, WII, GB, GBC, GBA/SP, DS (original/lite/XL,) 3DS (original/XL)

So pretty much everything that each company has released save for the Wii U. I don't own the Xbox or the 360 but I did previously. I was totally against Microsoft after their initial 360 console, but that's another story and Microsoft has no bearing on this topic.

Now, for my library of both the 3DS and Vita
Before I start though, I want to point out I originally had Rayman but it froze a lot. It was fun while it lasted, though I didn't feel like putting the money up to buy another one.
3DS-
Nintendogs + Cats
The Sims 3
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Star Fox 64 3D
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
Pokémon Rumble Blast
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Kart 7
Mario Tennis
Code of Princess
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Etrian Odyssey IV
Tales of the Abyss
Skylanders (original)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicle
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Castlevania Mirror of Fates
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

I feel like I'm missing another game or two, but this is just off the top of my head.

Now for my Vita library-
Dynasty Warriors Next
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Shinobido 2
Ragnarok Odyssey
Soul Sacrifice
Persona 4 Golden
Assassin's Creed III Liberation

My standard DS and PSP libraries are pretty even, so to give an idea of which system I'm enjoying more, 3DS all the way. But here's the thing! I'm waaaaay more into retro/classic/old-school gaming than modern. Not that I don't enjoy complex systems of gameplay, but I hate games that try to incorporate stories that shouldn't be there. For example: Soul Sacrifice. I only played through the first couple chapters, but I already feel like never touching it again. It's interesting for sure and I'm keeping it around just in case, but nothing on the Vita really captivated me (haven't booted up Persona yet, so hush.)

I've been thoroughly disappointed in the Vita thus far, but I have hopes for it in the future. So that's my answer: as of now get the 3DS. In the future, the Vita MIGHT overtake it.
---
Join me in my LP adventures
www.youtube.com/user/Ameranthene