Will the European Club Nintendo ever get anything decent in Catalogue?

#11GhetsisPosted 5/9/2013 8:50:41 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
I found the European Club Nintendo better.

Those Mario Kart 7 trophies? Quality wall decals? Mario Galaxy soundtracks? That statue we had to get as a platinum reward only? The SNES controller for the Wii?

Hell, even your crappy notebooks look better. The only better thing the US one currently has is that pouch, which is very nice.

Yes! The pouch is the only thing I find worth it in the NA catalogue, but it's so great that I actually got three of them. One for each of my unprotected systems.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#12EmeraldroxPosted 5/9/2013 8:59:38 AM
Europe > NA. Don't complain when you get cool things like soundtracks, statues, controllers, eshop cards.. We get stupid crap like shoelaces, notebooks, awful screensavers... The only good thing is the VC, but the choices are often bad.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#13rizsparkyPosted 5/9/2013 9:01:57 AM
Id rather have the downloadable games rather than the crappy shoelaces and crap on the EU club
---
PSN: Rizsparky
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#14SSJ2__GohanPosted 5/9/2013 9:02:20 AM

Those Mario Kart 7 trophies? Quality wall decals? Mario Galaxy soundtracks? That statue we had to get as a platinum reward only? The SNES controller for the Wii?

Hell, even your crappy notebooks look better. The only better thing the US one currently has is that pouch, which is very nice.

IMO US has the best. I mean, let's take a look at what you described for the EU CN: MK7 trophies? Unavailable unless you spent 800.00 on games (which is more than $800.00) which only few do, and even when you do, it provides less fun than games do which the US gets. Wall decals are simply laughable. Soundtracks is what we have Youtube for. You got the statue for free. SNES controller is useless for us who don't have a Wii (and even then, it's only something you'd get for nostalgy, so you had to have had a SNES as well and really liked it).

The US, on the other hand, gets games (most of the time crap, but they get switched out every... month? So, eventually there's something nice), and free stuff (Gold(?) and Platinum rewards).
#15UFOLochePosted 5/9/2013 9:36:01 AM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...

IMO US has the best. I mean, let's take a look at what you described for the EU CN: MK7 trophies? Unavailable unless you spent 800.00 on games (which is more than $800.00) which only few do, and even when you do, it provides less fun than games do which the US gets. Wall decals are simply laughable. Soundtracks is what we have Youtube for. You got the statue for free. SNES controller is useless for us who don't have a Wii (and even then, it's only something you'd get for nostalgy, so you had to have had a SNES as well and really liked it).

The US, on the other hand, gets games (most of the time crap, but they get switched out every... month? So, eventually there's something nice), and free stuff (Gold(?) and Platinum rewards).

Yes, "free" AKA "Spend a crap ton of dollars on games and you MIGHT be able to get something that's complete and utter crap like a deck of playing cards."

Also, to spin your argument around. The virtual console games are useless for us who actually own the games(And even then, it's only something you'd generally get for nostalgia, so you had to have either owned the game & really liked it or have lived under a rock).

Also, the games ARE more crap than good, I'd personally rather have the EU rewards. The statue is nice to put on display, wall decals aren't terrible, the soundtrack is a lot better than you make it out to be(I could get into a long debate of why the soundtrack is better, but I don't feel like it), we got the statue for free if we wanted to bother spending, again, a crap ton of money on certain games.

I will say that the 18 3DS/DS game case is quite nice, but I've seen stuff on amazon that's far more compact and useful...
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#16monkeypahngPosted 5/9/2013 9:43:35 AM
NA gets a prize just for collecting points.

I think which Club Nintendo is better is obvious
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#17GilgameshSwords(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 10:56:30 AM
I would be happy if the eShop cards on the European Catalogue were applicable for the 3DS estore
---
http://www.techieanalyst.net/index.php?/index
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9346/hellraiseriii3hellonear.jpg
#18adonfrazPosted 5/9/2013 11:00:23 AM
NA's Club Nintendo awards aren't great either.

Towels, shoelaces, greeting cards
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#19gamester_12345Posted 5/9/2013 11:10:19 AM
I think the only good things i saw on the Stars Catalog was Pokemon Box and Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, sure when TAM was on the catalog there was also Mario Golf, Metroid: Zero Mission (the remake of the NES one, not the good one with the DNA) and Advance Wars.....needless to say, Kirby sold out fast, think last time i looked after a year there was still copies of Mario Golf there...

And Pokemon Box? Think the only way to get that game was to get the Pokemon Colosseum Gamecube Bundle...think before that came out, there was the stars catalog, but the US could simply get Box in stores, plus they got the Jirachi Bonus disc with Colosseum...then again at least us Brits got Jirachi from Pokemon Channel....Channel is probably much cheaper than US Bonus Disc or even US Box.

Think i recall seeing the Wind Waker bonus disc there at one time....i think...
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#20KurizakaPosted 5/9/2013 11:21:12 AM
gfaqster posted...
Ghetsis posted...
NA? NA's catalogue is laughable.

dude for some measly coins we get wii vc games.

Some of us don't use our coins on games. I'd much rather use them on a good reward, than a game that's cheap to buy.