Dragon Quest VII

#1Joe73ffdqPosted 5/9/2013 8:58:15 AM
Who else holds this game in high regard?

One of the best RPG's ever, and now with awsome graphics
#2GhetsisPosted 5/9/2013 8:59:12 AM
It is my #1 favorite video game of all time.

Though I can't say I'm really looking forward to seeing its translation completely mangled when/if the 3DS version is localized...
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3esoteric42Posted 5/9/2013 9:36:35 AM
I hadn't played the PSX original, and am just starting the 3DS version.

It's decent, but I really fell in love with DQIX.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#4MottmanPosted 5/9/2013 9:39:35 AM
I've never played it, but I hope Nintendo/Square Enix gives me a chance to see how good it is for myself with a NA release. I did enjoy Dragon Quest V for DS a lot, so I am hopeful.
---
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
#5Prince ShondronaiPosted 5/9/2013 9:40:51 AM
One of the best games on PS1. Second only to Star Ocean 2, IMO. Really hope the 3DS remake comes over here soon.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#6TAoRPosted 5/9/2013 9:41:30 AM
With how people hold it in such high esteem I hope it's the best thing ever and not trash like 1-5 :/
#7GhetsisPosted 5/9/2013 9:44:19 AM
TAoR posted...
With how people hold it in such high esteem I hope it's the best thing ever and not trash like 1-5 :/

Well, that depends on what you disliked about 1-5, obviously. All of the games up until 8 are typical sprite-based RPGs with random, first-person battles.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#8TAoRPosted 5/9/2013 9:49:03 AM
Ghetsis posted...
TAoR posted...

Well, that depends on what you disliked about 1-5, obviously. All of the games up until 8 are typical sprite-based RPGs with random, first-person battles.

My problem with the first 5 (haven't tried 6 yet) is just that they were all boring. It's always just grinding (not a real fan of grinding in turn based rpgs) and the plots felt almost non-existent. That said I did enjoy 8 and 9.
#9KGTriggerPosted 5/9/2013 9:58:27 AM
TAoR posted...

Are you nuts? 3 is definitely a great game, and so is 5. Your opinion makes me really mad.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#10themegaman7Posted 5/9/2013 10:00:24 AM
Never played it.

I had given up on DQ for quite a while after playing and hating Dragon Quest Joker and Dragon Quest 9, but recently I got a chance to play the DS remakes of 4 and 5 and those were quite legit JRPGs actually, solid 7/10 for both. I would welcome a DQ7 international release since we can never have too many JRPGs.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -