Dragon Quest VII

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Dragon Quest VII

User Info: Joe73ffdq

Joe73ffdq
3 years ago#1
Who else holds this game in high regard?

One of the best RPG's ever, and now with awsome graphics

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
3 years ago#2
It is my #1 favorite video game of all time.

Though I can't say I'm really looking forward to seeing its translation completely mangled when/if the 3DS version is localized...
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?

User Info: esoteric42

esoteric42
3 years ago#3
I hadn't played the PSX original, and am just starting the 3DS version.

It's decent, but I really fell in love with DQIX.
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)

User Info: Mottman

Mottman
3 years ago#4
I've never played it, but I hope Nintendo/Square Enix gives me a chance to see how good it is for myself with a NA release. I did enjoy Dragon Quest V for DS a lot, so I am hopeful.
"If a beautiful woman with a big chest is in trouble, save them even if it means your life."
- Shing Meteoryte, Tales of Hearts
Prince Shondronai 3 years ago#5
One of the best games on PS1. Second only to Star Ocean 2, IMO. Really hope the 3DS remake comes over here soon.
One of us. One of us. One of us.

User Info: TAoR

TAoR
3 years ago#6
With how people hold it in such high esteem I hope it's the best thing ever and not trash like 1-5 :/

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
3 years ago#7
TAoR posted...
With how people hold it in such high esteem I hope it's the best thing ever and not trash like 1-5 :/

Well, that depends on what you disliked about 1-5, obviously. All of the games up until 8 are typical sprite-based RPGs with random, first-person battles.
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?

User Info: TAoR

TAoR
3 years ago#8
Ghetsis posted...
TAoR posted...

Well, that depends on what you disliked about 1-5, obviously. All of the games up until 8 are typical sprite-based RPGs with random, first-person battles.

My problem with the first 5 (haven't tried 6 yet) is just that they were all boring. It's always just grinding (not a real fan of grinding in turn based rpgs) and the plots felt almost non-existent. That said I did enjoy 8 and 9.

User Info: KGTrigger

KGTrigger
3 years ago#9
TAoR posted...

Are you nuts? 3 is definitely a great game, and so is 5. Your opinion makes me really mad.
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
3 years ago#10
Never played it.

I had given up on DQ for quite a while after playing and hating Dragon Quest Joker and Dragon Quest 9, but recently I got a chance to play the DS remakes of 4 and 5 and those were quite legit JRPGs actually, solid 7/10 for both. I would welcome a DQ7 international release since we can never have too many JRPGs.
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Dragon Quest VII

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived