Will Animal Crossing New Leaf have any classic games included within it?

#51DarkIVloon(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 7:52:25 AM
Baha05 posted...
If I remember correctly the original Animal Crossing didn't even have a good selection:

Eight games are obtainable in Nook Lottery, Redd, buried by villagers. etc.

Balloon Fight*
Clu Clu Land*
Donkey Kong*
Donkey Kong Jr. Math*
Excitebike
Golf*
Pinball*
Tennis*

Two games are obtained from the island:

Wario's Woods
Baseball

Five games are obtained from Nintendo's giveaways:

Soccer
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong 3
Clu Clu Land D
Punch-Out!!

So only a few games were really decent enough, the rest were kind of iffy.

That is an amazing lists of games and if New Leaf had that I'd buy it first day. Imagine setting up a 3D Room with Donkey Kong, Clu Clu Land posters and stuff and then sitting down to enjoy those games maybe with a 3D boarder around it like when holding start playing a GB/GBC/GG VC game.

But whatever, people clearly took my topic way too far
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#52ZeroArcheryPosted 5/10/2013 8:09:47 AM
DarkIVloon posted...
That is an amazing lists of games and if New Leaf had that I'd buy it first day. Imagine setting up a 3D Room with Donkey Kong, Clu Clu Land posters and stuff and then sitting down to enjoy those games maybe with a 3D boarder around it like when holding start playing a GB/GBC/GG VC game.

But whatever, people clearly took my topic way too far

Consumers similar to you are the reason why they took them out.

They said in an interview the games took over in their game. That players would just play them, and not actually enjoy the main game, it was too distracting.

Also, SMASHKING, on GameFAQs, you're not allowed to use examples or metaphors, they'll *always* being bashed, even if your point is valid.

People are allowed to dislike a game. Though not to the extreme SMASHKING says that "there's games everyone should hate" because Call of Juarez is possible the biggest scum of a game, but it has a fanbase and a sequel.

His example simply was trying to prove there are cases a game should be disliked. Whether it be socially unacceptable behaviors, or cultural differences (such as America and Japan like VERY different social norms).

Please act more intelligent, GameFAQs. Try to point out the flaws in someone's point, not just be internet bullies.

There are many reasons to not like SMASHKING, but if you don't show any respect to anyone, why would you expect him to?
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#53KeleenRemPosted 5/10/2013 8:15:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#54AlustarPosted 5/10/2013 8:46:03 AM(edited)
They could include like an arcade or something into Animal Crossing and what that would do is have a handfull of virtual console games available for "free" (cost Bells) to play for a set amount of time using spot pass. Then if you like the game you can go on the virtual console and buy it after spot pass replaced them in the arcade. It could server as an advertising thing for Nintendo's virtual console as well as excite gamers because they have free games (even if they are just available for a limited time). Then also while those games are free in the Animal Crossing arcade they could discount them in the eShop.

Just a random thought I had, not that it would ever happen.
#55Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/10/2013 8:56:06 AM
I'll be honest, the NES games were probably at least 65% of what I enjoyed in Animal Crossing. I liked the game, but my goal in it was always to get those NES games. I never really played any of the subsequent AC games because the genre just doesn't really interest me all that much. The NES games were what kept me interested in the Gamecube Animal Crossing.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#56MizzDiamondzPosted 5/10/2013 9:16:04 AM
Why would you not buy it just because it doesn't have classic games on it? That's not the point of Animal Crossing. The GCN Animal Crossing could get away with it because we didn't have VC back then. Now that we have VC, tha feature is pretty much obsolete.
---
3DS FC: 1032-1217-0154 Name: Chloe
PM me if you added me ^.^
#57FredSavage27Posted 5/10/2013 2:05:48 PM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...
the fact is animal crossing would be better if it had mingames. but as long as people take a "whatever" attitude to the series that'll NEVER happen.
you can fish and catch bugs in harvest moon and decorate your house. luckily harvest moon doesn't just stop at doing those things.

We get it. You don't like Animal Crossing. It's not for you. And neither is Custer's Revenge, apparently. Nobody's going to be interested in every video game ever made. If it doesn't appeal to you, don't buy it.

BigDaddyWingnut posted...
Honestly, and this may be an unpopular opinion, I'm glad they are not in AC anymore. They kind of took away the pace and feel of the main game in my opinion. To me, if you refuse to play an AC game because there are no NES games in it, you were never a real AC fan to begin with.

This. People who thought of the original Animal Crossing as an NES compliation were completely missing the point and were probably disappointed with the selection of games or that they were very hard to find.
#58PuddingchanPosted 5/11/2013 1:06:21 PM
I thought Animal crossing is all about collecting stuff when I was playing my DS game back then.

I'm still thinking if I should cancel the preorder or not...had a feeling I might be bored by it...