Help me decide! Zelda 3DS or 3DS XL?

#1forceboyPosted 5/9/2013 9:34:20 PM
I have an opportunity to buy the limited edition 3DS Zelda for about $200. Yet I also want o have an XL.

Bear in mind I don't have a 3DS, I used to have one but I sold it a month before the XL came out due to financial reasons.

I really want to get back to 3DS gaming but I can't decide on what to get.
---
The tooth fairy teaches kids that getting money for body parts is okay.
#2yankee6903Posted 5/9/2013 9:47:55 PM
I am also having the same conundrum
#3MelkacPosted 5/9/2013 9:50:58 PM
3DS XL. Better d-pad, bigger screen, better battery life, no fingerprints...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#4TaCtiiCz_xPosted 5/9/2013 9:59:26 PM
Melkac posted...
3DS XL. Better d-pad, bigger screen, better battery life, no fingerprints...

Limited Edition Zelda 3DS, which may or may not be worth some penny a few years from now.

It's a tough decision. I'd recommend the XL though, since playing for hours on the original design hurts my hands (they cramp rather than the sharp edges digging in my hands). I like the look of the 3DS more though.
---
The time is out of joint. O, cursed spite... that I was ever born to set it right.
#5RYeBlackPosted 5/9/2013 10:34:51 PM
Zelda 3ds if still sealed, brand new. Should be worth more than $200.

If not, 3ds XL
#6TaCtiiCz_xPosted 5/9/2013 10:37:39 PM
I think TC wants to be able to play his 3DS -__- so getting the Zelda 3DS would mean not unboxing it (will be worth a lot if sealed).

I'd recommend getting the XL if you really wanna enjoy some sweet titles on a larger screen.
---
The time is out of joint. O, cursed spite... that I was ever born to set it right.
#7jedinatPosted 5/9/2013 10:39:29 PM(edited)
I bought the Zelda 3DS bundle for like $180 new... sold it a year or 2 later for about $200 to buy the XL. No regrets. The buttons on the Zelda 3DS really, really suck. Only thing it has going for it is the circle pad is a little smoother and the 3D effect is a little stronger.

The Zelda theme decal is a bit ugly TBH.
#8TaCtiiCz_xPosted 5/9/2013 11:00:59 PM
jedinat posted...
I bought the Zelda 3DS bundle for like $180 new... sold it a year or 2 later for about $200 to buy the XL. No regrets. The buttons on the Zelda 3DS really, really suck. Only thing it has going for it is the circle pad is a little smoother and the 3D effect is a little stronger.

The Zelda theme decal is a bit ugly TBH.

I have to agree with you there.
---
#9AskaLanglyPosted 5/10/2013 12:47:13 AM
I'd just get the game. Then again, I own the red XL. Up to you, OP.
#10656stoogePosted 5/10/2013 12:53:17 AM
I do this all the time and I wish I could take my own advice, but I usually don't. But here goes. Buy the XL. Yes the Zelda version might look cool, and yes it might be worth a bit in a few years, but you're going to be playing the thing, so you should go for the better version to play.
The XL (IMO) has better buttons, better d-pad, much bigger screen that really helps when playing certain games (anything with small text like), it's more comfortable, and it has a better battery life. I also find the 3D works better for me on an XL.

Now, I owned both versions, and the XL has been such an improvement I'm glad I sprung for it.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY