What's your take on the Zelda series?

#1themegaman7Posted 5/9/2013 9:47:28 PM
What resembles your take on Zelda the most? - Results (448 votes)
"It's the undisputable king of all videogame series"
11.16% (50 votes)
"It's among some of the best video game series there is"
53.57% (240 votes)
"It's pretty great overall"
18.97% (85 votes)
"It's okay overall"
9.6% (43 votes)
"Don't care for it much"
4.69% (21 votes)
"I hate the series"
0.67% (3 votes)
"Meh"
1.34% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally never was much of a fan. I kinda like MM and LttP and (to lesser extenct) WW and Zelda 2, but that's about it.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#2Starwars4JPosted 5/9/2013 9:56:29 PM
"It's among some of the best video game series there is"

As far as gaming series, nothing touches Mario in terms of quality and cultural impact
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3Joe73ffdqPosted 5/9/2013 10:37:00 PM
Zelda and Mario are both kings, and not much tops either.

The DQ series is king in Japan though, as well with me.
#4NonsenseSynapsePosted 5/9/2013 10:46:02 PM
I think the games are, for the most part, of a consistently high quality. However, the formulaic, repetitive story gets on my nerves. What I respect so much about a series like Final Fantasy is that, despite falling under a single namespace, each game really pushes to achieve something new technically and narratively. The Zelda games all feel like they boil down to the same thing with a different polish each time.
#5jedinatPosted 5/9/2013 10:56:14 PM
NonsenseSynapse posted...
What I respect so much about a series like Final Fantasy is that, despite falling under a single namespace, each game really pushes to achieve something new technically and narratively.

Indeed, and despite the varying nature of the games, they manage a certain cohesiveness in being uniformly craptastic. Truly impressive. It is no wonder series like FF and Kingdom Hearts endure... I suppose one can chalk it up to enduring fanbases, which have miraculously survived several zombie apocalypses... for some reason the undead just pass them by...
#6GhetsisPosted 5/10/2013 10:20:55 AM
Hm...pre-TP, it was probably my favorite video game series ever.

TP was okay, but then the series completely nosedived into waggle crap, and I haven't enjoyed a Zelda game made since.

I'll go with the third poll option, simply because the pre-TP games were so amazing.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#7MrFwibblesPosted 5/10/2013 10:23:31 AM
It used to be good, and at times great, but it's gone way downhill recently.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 0390-8264-4360
#8TwilightxTrixiePosted 5/10/2013 10:24:14 AM
Getting tired of Wind Waker graphics though.
#9betterboulderPosted 5/10/2013 10:28:02 AM
It's a great series that survives by a near perfect formula but reliance on convention has made it stale for some people for the past couple of entries even with the gaps between releases.
---
I don't get worried. I get punchy!
PSN/XBL: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#10Sub TankPosted 5/10/2013 10:31:11 AM
It's a good series but it's starting to get stale.

I may be repeating what I've said on NGG, but I'd welcome ANY change of direction. Give me girl Link, old Link, space Hyrule, ANYTHING. Just change it up a bit.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1