What's your take on the Zelda series?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's your take on the Zelda series?
3 years ago#1
What resembles your take on Zelda the most? - Results (448 votes)
"It's the undisputable king of all videogame series"
11.16% (50 votes)
"It's among some of the best video game series there is"
53.57% (240 votes)
"It's pretty great overall"
18.97% (85 votes)
"It's okay overall"
9.6% (43 votes)
"Don't care for it much"
4.69% (21 votes)
"I hate the series"
0.67% (3 votes)
"Meh"
1.34% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally never was much of a fan. I kinda like MM and LttP and (to lesser extenct) WW and Zelda 2, but that's about it.
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
3 years ago#2
"It's among some of the best video game series there is"

As far as gaming series, nothing touches Mario in terms of quality and cultural impact
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
3 years ago#3
Zelda and Mario are both kings, and not much tops either.

The DQ series is king in Japan though, as well with me.
3 years ago#4
I think the games are, for the most part, of a consistently high quality. However, the formulaic, repetitive story gets on my nerves. What I respect so much about a series like Final Fantasy is that, despite falling under a single namespace, each game really pushes to achieve something new technically and narratively. The Zelda games all feel like they boil down to the same thing with a different polish each time.
3 years ago#5
NonsenseSynapse posted...
What I respect so much about a series like Final Fantasy is that, despite falling under a single namespace, each game really pushes to achieve something new technically and narratively.

Indeed, and despite the varying nature of the games, they manage a certain cohesiveness in being uniformly craptastic. Truly impressive. It is no wonder series like FF and Kingdom Hearts endure... I suppose one can chalk it up to enduring fanbases, which have miraculously survived several zombie apocalypses... for some reason the undead just pass them by...
3 years ago#6
Hm...pre-TP, it was probably my favorite video game series ever.

TP was okay, but then the series completely nosedived into waggle crap, and I haven't enjoyed a Zelda game made since.

I'll go with the third poll option, simply because the pre-TP games were so amazing.
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
3 years ago#7
It used to be good, and at times great, but it's gone way downhill recently.
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 0390-8264-4360
3 years ago#8
Getting tired of Wind Waker graphics though.
3 years ago#9
It's a great series that survives by a near perfect formula but reliance on convention has made it stale for some people for the past couple of entries even with the gaps between releases.
I don't get worried. I get punchy!
PSN/XBL: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
3 years ago#10
It's a good series but it's starting to get stale.

I may be repeating what I've said on NGG, but I'd welcome ANY change of direction. Give me girl Link, old Link, space Hyrule, ANYTHING. Just change it up a bit.
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. What's your take on the Zelda series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived