What's your take on the Zelda series?

#41ACx7Posted 5/11/2013 9:39:10 AM
It's pretty great overall. I love the universe and all the characters. But there are plenty of series better than it.
#42LLL_DeadlyPosted 5/11/2013 10:08:02 AM
It's the undisputable king of all video game series that has reached the absolute epitome of the medium, showcasing Nintendo's ingenuity at its finest. A perfect score, a tight narrative, genius game design, creating the action-adventure genre and going on to revolutionize it in the 3D world; Zelda has pretty much done it all. There's a reason Zelda is always topping those "Top __ Video Game Franchises" polls, and OoT/ALttP/LoZ are always at the #1 spot on the "Top ___ Video Games" polls. There's also Link and his championship spot on the Gamefaqs polls, along with Ganondorf being 2nd to only Sephiroth.

It's past its prime, but that's because of Nintendo making poor design choices. Twilight Princess had the POTENTIAL to surpass OoT, and that's all that matters. With the upcoming Zelda Wii U, we could easily get the magical, innovative series we knew in 2003 back.
---
http://tinyurl.com/c2zfglr
#43Bennett2428Posted 5/11/2013 11:07:13 AM
I prefer the 2D Zeldas to the 3D ones. I won't necessarily say top-down because I don't care too much for the DS titles. Playing Ocarina of Time with all the polish and with how much it was cleaned up was awesome, but I absolutely love ALttP, The Minish Cap, Link's Awakening, and the Oracle Games so much more. I don't have much to say about the original Zelda, mainly because once I found out how much you can actually do before even the first dungeon, I've wanted to play it that way but haven't found a guide or anything as to how to get all that stuff.
---
Join me in my LP adventures
www.youtube.com/user/Ameranthene
#44NeonYoshi11Posted 5/11/2013 12:20:03 PM
One of the best and deserves all the praise and some of the criticism it gets.

Time and time again it delivers a good to great gaming experience, one which we remember for years afterwords.

They've built this whole world/universe that exists on it's own and it's awesome.

There is so much potential for stories to be told within the 3 timelines that I don't see it getting old any time fast.

They can do New or prequel on 3 separate timelines.
#45Bennett2428Posted 5/11/2013 2:51:14 PM
The fact that there's even a timeline is stupid. But then again, they did it to themselves. You can't sit there and connect certain plot points, characters, and themes and then turn to the audience and say "These are all separate adventures and have nothing to do with each other."
---
Join me in my LP adventures
www.youtube.com/user/Ameranthene