If my e-shop is set to the Brazilian e-shop, can I use e US prepaid card for it?

#1HiroshidaPosted 5/10/2013 10:04:17 PM
It's the official Nintendo e-shop card, that's usable for both the 3ds and wiiu.

The Singaporean e-shop is always empty, that is why we are usually encouraged to set our region to the Brazil region if we want to download DLCs e.g Fire Emblem Awakening maps.

I would like to know if the US prepaid card it usable to add funds into the Nintendo e-shop and if it does, anyone have any idea what's the conversion rate? E.g US$20 prepaid=how much in the e-shop? R$42?
#2TaiphlosionPosted 5/10/2013 10:11:31 PM(edited)
DON't BUY RETAIL GAMES IN THE BRAZILIAN E-SHOP!!!
You will pay twice the price.
If you aren't american and want to buy retail games, use the canadian e-shop, it has all the games for the same price.
---
"I've got nothing to give, got no reason to live. But I will fight to survive, I've got nothing to hide, wish I wasn't so shy"
#3jg9350Posted 5/10/2013 10:19:15 PM
I second that - the price is just absurd. I'm Brazilian and personally use the Canadian eshop for digital purchases. For most games, the prices are not only a currency convertion of dollars to reais, but also have a wide profit margin included for whatever the reason.

Games that are 40 dollars on the Canadian eshop come to the Brazilian one as 140 reais, which would be equivalent to 70 dollars.
---
3DS FC: 3480-3721-4894
#4badboyPosted 5/10/2013 11:42:39 PM
No, you must set your country to USA to use the US prepaid cards on an American 3DS. The prices of eShop retail games are a lot more expensive if you set it to Brazil, but for the other downloads such as the eShop only games, it's cheaper. You can also use a credit card if you have one, it will work if your 3DS is set to certain countries like Brazil or Canada, but not if you set it to USA because that one requires a credit card with an American billing address.