Do DS games still look like crap on the XL?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do DS games still look like crap on the XL?
2 years ago#1
Thinking about upgrading. The standard 3DS makes DS games look pretty bad unless you hold Select + Start to make the image smaller. How is it on the 3DS XL?
---
The official Seiten Taisei of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Boards.
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
2 years ago#2
It's exactly the same thing.
2 years ago#3
DS games look fine on a regular 3DS or an XL.

I never run them at the native resolution by pressing select or start.

I primarily play my DS games on my XL.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
2 years ago#4
It actually looks better imo.
---
3DS: 2750 - 1109 - 9662
2 years ago#5
So they still don't look as sharp as on a normal DS eh? As long as it doesn't get worse on the XL than it already is on the 3DS, then that's fine, I guess. Thought that the bigger screens would stretch the image even worse.
---
The official Seiten Taisei of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Boards.
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
2 years ago#6
as long as it keeps the aspect ratio i couldn't care less. when people play emulators they stretch the heck out of the image. bigger = better even if it's a slight loss in quality. but if the aspect ratio is left in tact it still looks good to me.
2 years ago#7
It takes a little bit to get used to if you play ds games on regular 3ds.

I played DQXI on my 3ds and it was kind of hard to read and a little blurrier. However, when I played 4 heroes of light, everything seemed fine.

????

Maybe its a rare occurrence but it might just depend on the game.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
2 years ago#8
wentzelot posted...
when people play emulators they stretch the heck out of the image.

That's generally a completely different scenario. Emulators actually render the games at a higher resolution, essentially giving them a higher native resolution, whereas backward compatible consoles just upscale the original low resolution output to fit the screen. Obviously the former looks far better than the latter.

---
I see dead people.
2 years ago#9
I'm sure you could point out faults but I play DS games on the 3DS XL a lot. It doesn't bother me. It's not like playing Mario Party 1 on a big LCD tv. That takes getting used to lol
---
slowbeef: Is this supposed to make me afraid of Crystal Boy? Because his name is still Crystal Boy.
Retsupurae on Cobra, a space adventure of tattoos and feet.
2 years ago#10
MrKunio posted...
It takes a little bit to get used to if you play ds games on regular 3ds.

I played DQXI on my 3ds and it was kind of hard to read and a little blurrier. However, when I played 4 heroes of light, everything seemed fine.

????

Maybe its a rare occurrence but it might just depend on the game.

DQXI doesn't even exist yet!
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Do DS games still look like crap on the XL?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived