Do DS games still look like crap on the XL?

#11MrKunioPosted 5/11/2013 6:26:16 PM
Ghetsis posted...
MrKunio posted...
It takes a little bit to get used to if you play ds games on regular 3ds.

I played DQXI on my 3ds and it was kind of hard to read and a little blurrier. However, when I played 4 heroes of light, everything seemed fine.

????

Maybe its a rare occurrence but it might just depend on the game.

DQXI doesn't even exist yet!

WHOOPS! I mean IX my bad dude. Nine-er
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#12Nickcool1996Posted 5/11/2013 6:28:04 PM
It looks like it would on as if it were on a DSi.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#13wentzelotPosted 5/11/2013 6:37:58 PM
Haley Joel Osment posted...
wentzelot posted...
when people play emulators they stretch the heck out of the image.

That's generally a completely different scenario. Emulators actually render the games at a higher resolution, essentially giving them a higher native resolution, whereas backward compatible consoles just upscale the original low resolution output to fit the screen. Obviously the former looks far better than the latter.

no, i was talking about when people use visual boy advance etc in native resolution and just multiply the screen by 2x etc . no , it is not rendered in a higher resolution.
#14PlaysaverPosted 5/12/2013 3:25:32 PM(edited)
On an XL and with the ds game in native mode, (native mode is when you start the game while holding down the start or select button on the XL, while starting a ds game. This shrinks the Ds' games size.), the Ds game will be pixel for pixel the same as it is on a real DS lite and look as good as it did on a ds lite. On an XL, with the ds game in native mode, that ds game will be very close to being the same size as on a DS Lite.
It's only when you don't start a ds game in native mode that you get the odd stretching that makes the picture look a little fuzzy. This doesn't seem to be too bad on the XL.
If you do native mode on a ds game on an xl that picture for the ds game will still end up bigger then non native mode for that same ds game on a regular 3ds.