Why do people say that 3D graphics are not better graphics?

#1Lightning_fanPosted 5/12/2013 9:34:44 AM
Seriously this guy and I were arguing at gamestop about Resident Evil Revelations. I tried telling him to get it for 3DS because the 3D is phenomenal and really change your perspective. He told me that he did not have a 3DS and I told him that he was an idiot.

Then he called me a word I am not going to repeat here and I was told to leave the store but I waited outside the store and confronted him asking him if he still preordered the Wii U version and he said yes.

Do you think that hd is better than 3D because personally depth and area of field is far more condoning to me than higher resolution.

How do you explain to people that 3D is amazing without them unfairly calling you a name?
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 5/12/2013 9:36:13 AM
maybe he just doesn't care for 3d and prefers high res graphics? TL;DR get over it.
#3wiiking96Posted 5/12/2013 9:38:09 AM
Lightning_fan posted...
He told me that he did not have a 3DS and I told him that he was an idiot.

How rude.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#4Lightning_fan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:38:31 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
maybe he just doesn't care for 3d and prefers high res graphics? TL;DR get over it.

But the way he said it smugly made me want to jump and bite him. Seriously we get it that consoles have better graphics but PC owns them.
Wii U version may look better but they removed the ****ing laser sights from it and replaced with cross hairs. I love how you are trying to make me look like a bad guy for informing people of the elegance of 3D.
#5Kyle_KlimPosted 5/12/2013 9:43:05 AM
If this story is true, which i doubt it is, then I don't understand how you expect to have a mature conversation/argument after calling someone an idiot for not owning a system.
#6SkittyOnWailordPosted 5/12/2013 9:43:47 AM
Doesn't matter to me, I'll be playing RE: Revelations on my Wii U in 3D anyway. B)
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#7SlaysmePosted 5/12/2013 9:43:58 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Hardley_SmithPosted 5/12/2013 9:45:08 AM
Lightning_fan posted...
Do you think that hd is better than 3D

yes. 3d is a stupid gimmick that i've used for about 30 seconds before turning it off permanently
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#9blazeUP12Posted 5/12/2013 9:49:42 AM
3D is nice when used effectively, but HD>3D
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#10Lightning_fan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 9:51:36 AM
Slaysme posted...
No, your just a shipbag, arrogant punk who's going to end up in a pool of blood talking to strangers like that.

Are you threatening me? I may not be big or smart but I have a green belt in Karate.
Hardley_Smith posted...
Lightning_fan posted...
Do you think that hd is better than 3D

yes. 3d is a stupid gimmick that i've used for about 30 seconds before turning it off permanently

How much is Sony and Microsoft paying you to say that or are you just doing this all for free because you love their company so much?