Why do people say that 3D graphics are not better graphics?

#71JKSonicPosted 5/13/2013 6:03:45 AM
The sad part here is people are buying Revelations when the only good game in the whole series is the 4th.

Sad part is people who truly believe the 4th game is the best... I've owned every game in the main series (and some branching off like the gun games on the Wii) except for 6 and I would easily put 1, RE-make, 2, and Revelations all in front of 4. Even 3 and CV were good and I'd say would fall immediately after 4.

To the main topic though, Revelations is actually one of the very few games I DON'T play with 3D on. I find the effect falls "flat" literally making much of the game appear like cardboard cutouts. I also don't like how the jaggies become so apparent, yes that's an issue with every game but with so many tiny details in this one it really bothers me.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#72NettoSaitoPosted 5/13/2013 6:17:22 AM
HD graphics are better than 3D graphics, but 3D can be helpful (it also does look nice). The only thing though, most HD games now days are in 3D. If you buy a PS3 game, it almost always has an option to turn on the 3D effect, but I don't own a 3D TV so I never have.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News, and Reviews!] - http://www.nettosgameroom.com/
#73xenos74Posted 5/13/2013 6:54:44 AM
I'll probably get flamed for saying but, I love all the people that claim they've used 3D for 30seconds, or less than 5min then turn it off, never to turn it back on again....then claim its a useless feature that's adds nothing to gameplay as if they were an authority on a subject after using it for "30seconds" or however long.

Its fine if you don't like 3D, can't see 3D, prefer HD over 3D, or don't use 3D due to headaches...but the fact is that it "can" add to gameplay as long as devs use it correctly.

3D land definitely used it correctly and helped plenty judge depths when jumping onto small platforms holding star coins. There's other examples of well done 3D as well but 3D land is likely the most relevant/obvious

As for me, 3D does not only add depth, but actually helps with immersion just as much as HD does. Some games just look amazing with it on.
#74NnamzPosted 5/13/2013 7:51:05 PM
grans posted...

There are a number of games that do run under 720p though on those consoles. They may not try to aim to be at a low resolution, but they still are.

How is this any different at all than what I just said, lol?

When I game on consoles or handhelds, I don't tend to get caught up on how the resolution is. If I want the best graphics and highest resolution possible, I play PC (and I do often).

Fair enough.

Not really sure what your point is there, not arguing what 3D is here (asset or effect). I like 3D because in my opinion, it can make certain games funner and can look cool. I don't care whether people consider it a graphical asset, effect, gimmick or whatever.

My point is what I've set from the start, 3D does not make games look better, and often times makes them look worse. HD could make a game look worse in some ways, but makes it look better by allowing more detail to be shown, so it's a trade off.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#75oq7sterPosted 5/13/2013 8:07:10 PM
TC. It is immature to call someone an idiot just because he doesn't have the same interests as you. You are lucky the guy didn't punch you. Lol
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
I was addicted to Oblivion. Then Skyrim burned my gpu.
#76Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 5/13/2013 9:00:28 PM
Where's TC?
---
Any suggestions for a husband for Maribelle?
Why are Kairi's early game fetch quests so tedious?
#77Shuo_RagnarokPosted 5/14/2013 4:08:26 PM
TC: "You gaiz bettr leev me alun or i'll go super saiyin on you all! I now teh spirit bom!!!!!" *runs off to their Vanille X Fang hentai*
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC:4084-3346-5023
3DS FC: 5069-3924-4114
#78SlippyComeBackPosted 5/14/2013 4:22:55 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
Then he called me a word I am not going to repeat here and I was told to leave the store but I waited outside the store and confronted him asking him if he still preordered the Wii U version and he said yes.

lol whats wrong with you?
#79Frozenx07Posted 5/14/2013 6:23:08 PM
Lightning_fan posted...
Seriously this guy and I were arguing at gamestop about Resident Evil Revelations. I tried telling him to get it for 3DS because the 3D is phenomenal and really change your perspective. He told me that he did not have a 3DS and I told him that he was an idiot.

Then he called me a word I am not going to repeat here and I was told to leave the store but I waited outside the store and confronted him asking him if he still preordered the Wii U version and he said yes.

Do you think that hd is better than 3D because personally depth and area of field is far more condoning to me than higher resolution.

How do you explain to people that 3D is amazing without them unfairly calling you a name?

Without THEM calling you a name? Aren't you the one who called that guy an idiot? If he has no interest in the 3DS or 3D in general, then that's his opinion. That doesn't give you have the right to verbally assault someone.
#80Frozenx07Posted 5/14/2013 6:27:29 PM
fire2box posted...
The sad part here is people are buying Revelations when the only good game in the whole series is the 4th.

You must have never played any Resident Evil before 4.