If they're the Mario brothers does that mean Mario's last name is Mario?

#1ComfortablySadPosted 5/13/2013 5:47:03 AM
Mario Mario and Luigi Mario? What's the Mario brother's last name?
---
Teenage angst has paid off well, now I'm bored and old.
#2wiiking96Posted 5/13/2013 5:47:20 AM
Miyamoto: "No"
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#3BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/13/2013 5:55:13 AM
This was the (Western) canon once, but then Miyamoto said it isn't. Then again, Miyamoto also said the Koopalings aren't Bowser's children and I chose to straight-up ignore that.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#4FAT____MANPosted 5/13/2013 5:59:57 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
This was the (Western) canon once, but then Miyamoto said it isn't. Then again, Miyamoto also said the Koopalings aren't Bowser's children and I chose to straight-up ignore that.

They look nothing like him.
#5NettoSaitoPosted 5/13/2013 6:08:47 AM
Miyamoto says a lot of things that don't add up. I still dont quite buy his official Zelda timeline. My reasons? According to him, LttP takes place on its own timeline, but that doesn't really add up.

- In OoT's child timeline Ganon is captured which leads up to the events of TP.
- In TP we find the temple of time being overgrown and turning into the forest we all know.
- At the end of TP Ganon gets trapped in a dark world.
- In LttP Ganon uses that dark world to his advantage, and the Temple of Time is completely gone.

The rest of what the official books says does add up (like Ganon being killed, and then being revived in OoS/OoA), but I don't see why he'd put all of them games on another timeline. Maybe they've got some new games planned to fill their spot or something, but still I'm not buying it.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News, and Reviews!] - http://www.nettosgameroom.com/
#6pokemega32Posted 5/13/2013 6:19:47 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...

Miyamoto said that the Koopalings aren't Bowser's children "in the current storyline", i.e. NSMB.

The Mario games work like Popeye cartoons, the same characters play different roles in different games.

In SMB3 and SMW, the Koopalings were Bowser's chidlren. In NSMB, they're his minions and Bowser Jr. is his only child.

NettoSaito posted...
- At the end of TP Ganon gets trapped in a dark world.

No he doesn't. At the end of TP, Ganon is killed.

- In LttP Ganon uses that dark world to his advantage, and the Temple of Time is completely gone.

The Dark World is the Sacred Realm corrupted by Ganon's wish on the Triforce.

It's likely that FSA and TP were once intended as a new backstory for the Imprisoning War.

Miyamoto considered the whole story overcomplicated and Aonuma decided to simply leave OoT as the backstory to ALttP, as was originally intended.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#7KaiRyusakiPosted 5/13/2013 6:21:27 AM
-The Mario Brothers
implies their last name is Mario

-Dr. Mario
you call a doctor by their last name

-the silly mario movie claims their last name is mario

It's Mario Mario and Luigi Mario dude
#8Rival_Blue_1999Posted 5/13/2013 6:23:28 AM
ComfortablySad posted...
Mario Mario and Luigi Mario? What's the Mario brother's last name?

According to the movie that is their last names.
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#9Nikos_the_greatPosted 5/13/2013 6:26:10 AM
Ok so Luigi is Luigi Mario then...but what's Mario's first name?
#10KaiRyusakiPosted 5/13/2013 6:27:10 AM
Nikos_the_great posted...
Ok so Luigi is Luigi Mario then...but what's Mario's first name?

Mario