So is Nintendo going to be at E3 or not?

#1DirtBasedSoapPosted 5/13/2013 11:57:01 AM
Because there are two IGN articles one saying they won't be there, the other says they will. Wtf
---
Posting from iPhone 6S.
#2necxv17Posted 5/13/2013 11:59:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3teamaquashockPosted 5/13/2013 12:01:46 PM
They say they're not gonna have a big conference, but they're gonna be there to show some stuff I believe...

I don't think I explained that well...
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#4SagadegoPosted 5/13/2013 12:02:59 PM
necxv17 posted...
No.

stop spamming.
---
Now Playing:
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon(3ds) Metroid Prime(GC) Naruto UNS 2 (ps3) Wario Ware smooth moves(wii)
#5Hirokey123Posted 5/13/2013 12:03:18 PM
Yes and no.

They'll be there doing smaller conferences with showings aimed at specific groups (one more towards investors and then one more towards gamers) and also of course a nintendo direct to relay the information to a wider public.

They won't be doing their usual gigantic show though that they normal do.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6ssjlinkxPosted 5/13/2013 12:11:06 PM
Yes.
They will be on the show floor just like every year.
Unlike normal years, they will not have big circus act where they show 90% of their big announcements.
Instead there will be several smaller events.
-One for press
-One for investors/industry members
-A few Nintendo Directs straight to us

As for anything else we don't know yet.
---
3DS FC: 2234-7659-6680
Don't feel like playing your games? Watch me play instead! http://www.youtube.com/user/jargus0
#7Binba442Posted 5/13/2013 12:12:27 PM
ssjlinkx posted...

Unlike normal years, they will not have big circus act where they show 90% of their big announcements and other companies literally put on a circus act

Fix'd
#8its_mattPosted 5/13/2013 12:15:09 PM(edited)
Why when they need to promote more than ever with their new home console struggling to get on it's feet would they scale back on promotion? It is like they are admitting they lack sufficient up coming games to promote?
#9Hirokey123Posted 5/13/2013 12:18:18 PM
its_matt posted...
Why when they need to promote more than ever with their new home console struggling to get on it's feet would they scale back on promotion. It is like they are admitting they lack sufficient up coming games to promote?

Because they already acknowledged there are better ways to get the information out, and it sounds like last year was more of a wake up call when plastered all around the internet that the nintendo direct was more interesting than their conference. (And arguably more interesting than E3 has been for the last several years)
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#10Starwars4JPosted 5/13/2013 12:20:14 PM
its_matt posted...
Why when they need to promote more than ever with their new home console struggling to get on it's feet would they scale back on promotion? It is like they are admitting they lack sufficient up coming games to promote?

They're not scaling back promotion, they're putting all the gaming stuff into presentations for the gamers, and putting the business stuff in a presentation for the investors.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade