What about Ace Attorney/P Layton games?

#1MishimaBloodPosted 5/13/2013 12:13:51 PM
I dont know **** about them yet many people seem to like them. I even heard there will be a crossover. What do these games play like? I know Phoenix Wright from UMVC3, he a lawyer right? Is it like, u convict people in a court by choosing the right answers or smthing? Im from mobile so I cant do much research
---
Not removing this until I see DMC5 announced
PSN:SSmokinSickStyle
#2Someguy_13Posted 5/13/2013 12:18:44 PM
There are spoilers here but only for the first case of Ace Attorney which is mostly tutorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luwsGMHF16M

That should give you a good idea of the court room gameplay for Ace Attorney.
There's also an investigation part where the game plays like a point and click adventure as you look for evidence.

If you can't watch the video, the court room gameplay is basically you listening to witness testimony, and then presenting evidence that contradicts them. It gets more complicated than that though.

Professor Layton is basically a point and click adventure game, but there's puzzles everywhere (EVERYWHERE) that you need to solve to progress.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#3CrisisOfFatePosted 5/13/2013 12:19:13 PM
The crossover was released in Japan ages ago.
---
The official Azrael of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
Proud supporter of NO Persona in SMTxFE
#4MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:29:32 PM
CrisisOfFate posted...

Oh.. Ok, I said I knew nothing..:)

P.S. Dat sig Omfg Y U NO like Persona!?!
---
#5CrisisOfFatePosted 5/13/2013 12:32:35 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...

I like Persona,the only game in the series I dislike is P4G because blah,blah...

The problem is that I just don't want it in my SMT,they have always been different series and that's how it should stay.
---
#6MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:36:06 PM
CrisisOfFate posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...

I like Persona,the only game in the series I dislike is P4G because blah,blah...

The problem is that I just don't want it in my SMT,they have always been different series and that's how it should stay.

Just give me Magatsu Izanagi and everyone else from P4G can go to hell
---
#7CrisisOfFatePosted 5/13/2013 12:41:27 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...

Well that's the problem.
Characters like him have absolutely no connection with the main series and thus would only serve as fanservice.I mean why should he get in over characters like:STEVEN,Chaos and Law hero,Lilith,Gotou,Thorman,Zayin Louis Cyphre,Daleth,Gimmel,Beth,Akira,Hazama,Reiko,Yumi,Charlie,Isamu,Yuko,Hikawa,Futomimi,Sakahagi,SJ MC,Arthur,Zelenin,Jimenez,Gore,Mastema etc.
---
#8MishimaBlood(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 12:48:05 PM
CrisisOfFate posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...
MishimaBlood posted...
CrisisOfFate posted...

Well that's the problem.
Characters like him have absolutely no connection with the main series and thus would only serve as fanservice.I mean why should he get in over characters like:STEVEN,Chaos and Law hero,Lilith,Gotou,Thorman,Zayin Louis Cyphre,Daleth,Gimmel,Beth,Akira,Hazama,Reiko,Yumi,Charlie,Isamu,Yuko,Hikawa,Futomimi,Sakahagi,SJ MC,Arthur,Zelenin,Jimenez,Gore,Mastema etc.

Probably cause I dont know any of these characters and generally nothing about teh main series. P4G and DeSu made me get into the series. I wont argue though, u seem to be a long time fan of the series so must have ur points. About M.Izanagi Im mostly talking about appearance
---
#9CrisisOfFatePosted 5/13/2013 12:51:08 PM
MishimaBlood posted...
Probably cause I dont know any of these characters and generally nothing about teh main series. P4G and DeSu made me get into the series. I wont argue though, u seem to be a long time fan of the series so must have ur points. About M.Izanagi Im mostly talking about appearance

Thank you,I respect that.If it was Persona x Final Fantasy or something I would be against the inclusion of SMT characters.
---
#10nintendoggerPosted 5/13/2013 4:10:47 PM
If you're considering playing the games, here is just some helpful timeline information...

The following three games are available on WIIWARE for 10$ each, quite the steal!
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is the first game, you should also play it first.
Ace Attorney: Justice for All is the second game, and should be played second.
Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations is the third game, and play it third (it's also my personal favorite).
These are the main part of the trilogy, and make a complete series from start to finish.

Additionally, ace attorney has four/five more games,

Miles Edgeworth: Investigations. Think of this game as optional, it doesn't serve much purpose to the series (minimally related to the trilogy plot) but is a fun playthrough nonetheless.
Miles Edgeworth Investigations 2. This game is not available in the US or Europe (I think.)

Apollo Justice: Attorney at Law. This is another "optional" ace attorney game. It is probably my least favorite in the series, and is minimally related to the trilogy.
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. Now, based off of the limited information we've received about the game, it appears to take place after Apollo Justice. (Information alluded to events discussed in AJ).

And of course there is the Layton vs Wright game, which has yet to be released in the US as well. (I'm projecting 2014, but honestly I've got no idea.)

Long winded, and another one coming about Professor Layton. Also if someone feels like I've misrepresented the series, feel free to throw an objection (ho, ho pun).
---
AEPhi Sister.
Currently playing: Harvest Moon a New Beginning and The Legend of the River King.