Did people actually like Star Fox SNES back in the day?

#21IAznDragonI YanPosted 5/13/2013 6:18:49 PM
it was fun and interesting. my childhood friend played it while i watched her play it. i believe she went all 3 routes and killed andross and messed around with the blocky letters which shot back at her lol
---
Oh it's nothing special. IT'S JUST MAH BASS CANNON!
#22NettoSaitoPosted 5/13/2013 6:23:38 PM
I used to always play it back before the N64 version came out, but it wasn't till SF64 I really became a fan. I still remember hearing "Star Fox is back" on one of them demo TVs Toys R Us used to set up across their stores to help advertise games and such. Good memories, of a game that ended up becoming one of my favorites. A few years later a slackers opened up around here, and I did end up buying the SNES version myself. Even though I had been spoiled by SF64, I still found the original to be quite fun.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News, and Reviews!] - http://www.nettosgameroom.com/
#23Freelance_WolfPosted 5/13/2013 6:42:26 PM
I forgot to mention that Star Fox has Space Armada (the track and the level). That alone makes it better.

I only wish Nintendo would give it more respect though. It looks to me that Nintendo likes to pretend it doesn't exist. It was cool that they added some rearranged tracks in BRAWL, but it is not enough. All they care about is SF 64. They even re-released it on the 3DS. I really wish they could've done the same treatment to the original instead. I'd love to see a port or a 3D version of Star Fox, but keeping the same graphics.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#24JumpmandkPosted 5/13/2013 7:23:31 PM
Freelance_Wolf posted...
I forgot to mention that Star Fox has Space Armada (the track and the level). That alone makes it better.

I only wish Nintendo would give it more respect though. It looks to me that Nintendo likes to pretend it doesn't exist. It was cool that they added some rearranged tracks in BRAWL, but it is not enough. All they care about is SF 64. They even re-released it on the 3DS. I really wish they could've done the same treatment to the original instead. I'd love to see a port or a 3D version of Star Fox, but keeping the same graphics.

Sadly, SF is the red headed step child at Nintendo for sure(no respect at all). I would love to see the original SNES game done as a 3D classic, but I don't see that happening anytime soon(if ever).

Even if they ever do a new game, I really don't hold out much hope for it being any good. Miyamoto just has a different vision for where the game should be going. If we ever see a good followup, it will need to come from a 3rd party developer for sure(I think Retro would do a killer job). Namco, NEVER touch Star Fox AGAIN!

I would also like to see it follow the original idea of the characters being "marionette" style like the Thunderbirds. I think that could rock hard if done properly. I think the WiiU has the power to deliver on these concepts, they just need someone at the helm who knows how to stick to the heart & soul of the first two games.
#25blazeUP12Posted 5/13/2013 7:35:52 PM
Revolutionary but aged horribly. The music was good though.
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX