The new zelda game's graphics

#21CKMogPosted 5/14/2013 12:50:23 AM
oq7ster posted...
CKMog posted...
Hirokey123 posted...
Pretty much a perfect adaption of ALttP's artstyle with some minor needed up dates (proper lighting and shading etc...) with a bit of gloss on it and more detail on things.

I couldn't disagree more.

This looks like some cheap indie game. Not the quality I would come to expect from a Nintendo game.

I find the original looks better. The new graphics lack the detail to make the world come to life.

Hey is this game even finished? If it still in development then it will more than likely look way better.

Still in development meaning the engine is done, they just need to wrap up a few dungeons and bug test. Considering the release date, there is no way they could revamp the graphics in time. They were confident enough to show off a trailer, the odds of them significantly changing the art style are slim to none.

I'm a huge Nintendo/Zelda fan, and I want to love this game. I still own my original ALTTP cart that I got the week of release. I just can't help but feel like this is a cash grab. They obviously put little love into this title. Not the same love that the original, Ocarina of Time, or Link's Awakening got at least.
#22DarkWind313Posted 5/14/2013 1:32:22 AM
Starwars4J posted...
I wish it had been sprites is all I will say...

This. So much.
---
[Dark Spirit, Spirited Wind + Severstarr]"Ya, go ahead. Everything I say can be sigged, ever"-Lokarin
http://i.imgur.com/2Hqmd.png
#23kukingina2Posted 5/14/2013 2:10:49 AM
Its 2d zelda I don't care how it looks but personally I think its alright
---
Anime is saved - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWh8i9EY_U
3ds fc: 4940-5506-2047
#24Someguy_13Posted 5/14/2013 2:23:24 AM
It looks great.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#25AkaneJonesPosted 5/14/2013 3:36:07 AM
robinhoek posted...
blazeUP12 posted...
robinhoek posted...
Starwars4J posted...
I wish it had been sprites is all I will say...

I would say the same for Mario and Luigi as well. And Yoshi's Island.

M&L is sprites

Would've swore that only the characters were sprite based.

I believe the character and almost everything is actually a type of "cel" shading to give of the effect for it being a sprite game. That way the game actually looks like the former games but it is actually 3D.

The game does have 2D objects though

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2013/106/704054_20130417_screen003.jpg

and no I'm not talking about Luigi on the lower screen, that's clearly a 3D object, that give off a vibe of the SM64 Title screen.

If I'm wrong at worst its using some kind of prerendered hocus pocus multi layer spiriting to make it look that way. And even if they were spites they aren't traditional hand drawn. They clearly lack the outlines of Bowser's Inside Story, suggesting if they were sprite they were probably prerender out of the 3D models like the Luigi & Starlow one.

For those who don't get it here's Bowser's Sprite sheet
http://spriters-resource.com/ds/marioandluigi3/bowserbattle.png

Either way I think i looks great, and that would be something I'd look for in an HD game. But they always go a different direction, even though it proves they can do it in 3D.
#26SonikkuJPosted 5/14/2013 4:49:04 AM(edited)
The quality of the graphics seem fine given the perspective and what I know about the 3DS.

My issue is that the art style itself doesn't look very good in my opinion. It kind of has a flat, hollow, New Super Mario Bros look to it. Nothing about it seems to have exquisite detail or promote a sense of scale, which even LttP was able to accomplish on a much more rudimentary level of graphics back in its day.

Still super excited for the game. I think the actual graphics quality is good for a 3DS game, but the art design is lacking charm and the level of detail I come to expect from a modern-day Zelda game.
#27Second_Hokage(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 2:37:23 PM
SonikkuJ posted...
The quality of the graphics seem fine given the perspective and what I know about the 3DS.

My issue is that the art style itself doesn't look very good in my opinion. It kind of has a flat, hollow, New Super Mario Bros look to it. Nothing about it seems to have exquisite detail or promote a sense of scale, which even LttP was able to accomplish on a much more rudimentary level of graphics back in its day.

Still super excited for the game. I think the actual graphics quality is good for a 3DS game, but the art design is lacking charm and the level of detail I come to expect from a modern-day Zelda game.

I am excited too.

On a side note, i wasn't bashing the game, i just found the art to be a bit lacking... almost cheap. I would've preferred improved original LttP graphics instead. Nonetheless, it will be another great game in the 3DS library.
#28TwilightEchoesPosted 5/14/2013 2:38:47 PM
Porcelain-ish.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]