For those wanting AA5: Would you rather have digital release only or no release?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For those wanting AA5: Would you rather have digital release only or no release?
2 years ago#61
I'd rather have digital only than no game at all, definitely. It's just that the Nintendo E-shop sucks, so when dealing with the 3DS I prefer to have physical copies of my games. I don't have a problem with buying digital on other platforms. I have Ghost Trick and The World Ends With You on iOS.

Still, I want to support the Ace Attorney series because I like the games and I want to see more localisations. Refusing to buy the game because it's digital only is not going to say to Capcom "you should have printed retail copies". It's going to say to Capcom "this series is unprofitable, so it's not worth localising any more of them".

So Nintendo E-shop purchase it is.
2 years ago#62
i'd rather there be no such thing as digital only it's a scam.

it's like having all your money on your credit card sure it's more convient but you what they say don't have all your eggs in one basket.

when i go some where i'd rather not have 100+ digital only games on me hell it's bad enough i have 10.
---
Pokemon Black 2 4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TCD252009 my youtube
2 years ago#63
WiiFan77 posted...
I want a digital release with an account system, that doesn't tie your game to one machine. That is all.

Honestly, I'm hardly angry at Capcom. The main problem is Nintendo's mediocre online service.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
2 years ago#64
Something is better then nothing...

That's all I'll say.
---
PSN ID: Raven236 / N3DS FC: 1590-4697-4287
SSFIV Main: Sakura
2 years ago#65
I'm not willing to have my wallet cut to pieces to buy a piece of data that god forbid if my 3DS stops working midway through a playthrough I have no feasible claim on owning... outside of buying the game again, full price. With a hard copy I can just plug it into another console, no ****s given. Nintendo need to step their game up in regards to an account system.

Then there's the game itself. I'm a massive fan of the AA series, don't get me wrong, but not enough to justify paying 40 for a game I'll play through all of maybe three times maximum and then forget about it. I won't even be able to trade it back in to get when I'm done with it so I can get some money back off another game/someone else can enjoy it at a reduced price; it'll just sit there, alone and forgotten, until I delete it for the space.

If it's full price (40) I guess that means I'm missing out on this too. I buy a lot of my games second hand- it's really helped expand my tastes, if I'm honest- and I simply don't have the money to fund constantly buying new games, especially ones I can't even trade back in to spread the love.

I can only hope this practice doesn't continue. I want a physical copy of Rune Factory 4.
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
2 years ago#66
Lord_Frood posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
The whole point of digital is to cut out the production costs. They would be stupid on their part to offer it at a lower price because then that defeats the purpose of saving money by cutting the physical edition.

And the customer?. You wanna make it digital only, knowing you were going to piss off the majority you might as well compensate them some way to make it right by them. nobody, in reality should pay more for less.

You're not paying more for less though. Believe it or not, there are advantages to digital copies, as there are physical copies. Both are good options, but which is more viable is an opinion.

I very well might be, though. If they price it the same as Fire Emblem or Paper Mario, it works out cheaper where I live to buy a physical copy over a digital copy, and when I do that I at least get a box and a manual, as crap as manuals these days are.

I'm still going to get the game, and I'd prefer a digital release over none, but I'm not impressed with the fairly high likelihood that I'll be paying $5 to $15 more for the game than I would have had it been a physical copy.

If it were the same price as a physical copy where I live I'd have no issue.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
2 years ago#67
FefnirOmega13 posted...
I'm not willing to have my wallet cut to pieces to buy a piece of data that god forbid if my 3DS stops working midway through a playthrough I have no feasible claim on owning... outside of buying the game again, full price. With a hard copy I can just plug it into another console, no ****s given. Nintendo need to step their game up in regards to an account system.

Then there's the game itself. I'm a massive fan of the AA series, don't get me wrong, but not enough to justify paying 40 for a game I'll play through all of maybe three times maximum and then forget about it. I won't even be able to trade it back in to get when I'm done with it so I can get some money back off another game/someone else can enjoy it at a reduced price; it'll just sit there, alone and forgotten, until I delete it for the space.

If it's full price (40) I guess that means I'm missing out on this too. I buy a lot of my games second hand- it's really helped expand my tastes, if I'm honest- and I simply don't have the money to fund constantly buying new games, especially ones I can't even trade back in to spread the love.

I can only hope this practice doesn't continue. I want a physical copy of Rune Factory 4.

Seriously? Give me the % chance that your 3DS will just magically stop working. And 3 playthroughs for a freaking linear VN is way more than enough.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
2 years ago#68
There should be no option for no release, anyone who chooses that is a troll/why do they even try?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. For those wanting AA5: Would you rather have digital release only or no release?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived