Get 3DS clock off military time? (20:01 right now)

#31OoSubaruoOPosted 5/14/2013 2:37:58 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Because... everyone that owns a 3DS is in the military.. duh!.

Sarcasm aside i understand military time just fine but.. it would be nice to have options. but then again Nintendo doesn't seem to like that so.. ;).

You seem to like taking cracks at Nintendo often don't you? Something as trivial as this.
#32temgunPosted 5/14/2013 2:40:08 PM
It's called military time in America? Cool, didn't know that. Still, most people in the world can read a 12 hour clock, so why couldn't you read a 24 hour clock?
#33_OdarpPosted 5/14/2013 4:54:46 PM
wentzelot posted...
time isn't even real. it's something humans invented to comprehend the illusion of movement and change

Time is real, that is like saying "distance isn't even real, it's someone humans invented to understand where stuff is"
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus
#34Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/14/2013 4:58:17 PM(edited)
VampireRonin posted...
Just get used to it.
There are 24 hours in a day, right?
AM/PM makes no sense.

Except for the part where it's the dominant mode of time in many western countries.

I don't see why its so hard to just have the option - expanded choice is always better.

I can understand 14:25 perfectly well, it doesn't meant that I don't prefer 2:25.
#3590sRetroGamingPosted 5/14/2013 5:08:59 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
Because... everyone that owns a 3DS is in the military.. duh!.

Sarcasm aside i understand military time just fine but.. it would be nice to have options. but then again Nintendo doesn't seem to like that so.. ;).

You seem to like taking cracks at Nintendo often don't you? Something as trivial as this.

Absolutely. it's trival but i still felt it was worthy of taking a crack at them. like i said, i have no problem with the "World" or "Military Time" clock but the normal clock would have been nice as an alternative as well. and i have no problem admitting that i like taking a crack or two at them.. but only when i feel it's it's deserved.

*Light hearted pokes* :)
---
[This Signature was censored at the request of Nintendo of America]
#36BishtrainerTai16Posted 5/14/2013 6:00:52 PM
Its annoying and lame that there is no choice, so I went and bought that Mario clock app and tend to leave that on when Im not using my 3ds.

When I want to know the time, I want to know the instant I look at the clock, not play "What's 2100 minus 1200?" Im horrible at math, and Ive lived with am/pm for 27 years. Potato chips, potato crisps, same thing. I just want to use the unit Im most familiar with.

BTW, when its 13:00, do you guys say "Its thirteen o'clock?"
---
|B|I|L|L|Y|C|O|E|N|...my anti-drug.
#37VorzalPosted 5/14/2013 6:11:21 PM
BTW, when its 13:00, do you guys say "Its thirteen o'clock?"

Thirteen hundred.
---
"Fellas, coincidence and fate figure largely in our lives."
#38parKb5Posted 5/14/2013 6:14:08 PM
gfaqster posted...
The majority of the world uses the 24 hour clock system and uses the Metric system.

America for some reason likes to be weird errrr "unique"

Exactly.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#39Frozenx07Posted 5/14/2013 6:18:56 PM(edited)
Kinneth123 posted...
Every kind of DS ever has run off of military time.

Get used to it. :D

Not true. My DS Lite has a 12-hour clock.

I really wish they would add an option to change it. It really doesn't make any sense that they won't. I understand some people are fine with it, but it's completely foreign to me, like the Metric System.