Should I send my system into Nintendo just to fix one dead pixel?

#1GhetsisPosted 5/13/2013 8:12:48 PM(edited)
Wondering if it's worth it. I'm still under warranty, so it's free, right?

The thing that's keeping me from immediately doing it is that I don't want to be without my system for an extended period of time...how long does the whole process usually take?

Also, they're not going to just send me another system with its own dead pixels or scratched up screen, are they?

Lastly, I'm pretty certain about this, but I just want to make sure: on the site, it says that "Save game files" can't be backed up and may be lost. I really don't want to lose my digital games' save data (especially Unchained Blades',) so I can just back up the SD card, right? Or rather...just keep the SD card and send in my system without it.

EDIT: It also says "All systems repaired through Nintendo receive a new one-year manufacturer's warranty." So it basically renews my warranty? That's making me lean towards sending it in...
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#2Lord_FroodPosted 5/13/2013 8:14:55 PM
I say yes, simply because you won't be paying the whole $60 or whatever it is to fix a 3DS. Otherwise, hell no.
---
"I'd prolly AS if I went to a Pokemon board." - Foofyhead
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#3UFOLochePosted 5/13/2013 8:15:36 PM
Well, I'd certainly try. Why don'cha give Nintendo a call and ask?

Well, I know the obvious short term reason, I mean, call them when it's a reasonable hour. Or wake up Iwata, your choice.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#4Ghetsis(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2013 8:19:48 PM
Well I'm really leaning towards doing it. I checked my serial # on the site and it says my warranty is valid, so I shouldn't have to pay for anything.

But I'm wondering if anyone who's sent in their system could give me an estimate on how long I would be without my system. I reeeeally don't want to miss the New Leaf launch.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?