Nintendo 3DS Confession...

#11confettistormPosted 5/14/2013 8:37:57 AM
PsychodelicFuzz posted...
I originally bought my Nintendo 3DS system tonight, to play one game, then return the console and game to Wal-Mart, stating that the items were not what I wanted and I wanted my money back. (Of course, while keeping the packaging in mint condition.)

...Well, I'm sure some of you are already thinking, "What a scum bag."
I do not blame you. I just did not want to waste my money on something that wasn't going to be worth the cost.

As soon as I took the Nintendo 3DS out of the packaging, I was in love.
I haven't had a Nintendo system since the original Nintendo DS.

I only bought this system to play Fire Emblem: Awakening on... But OMG, this system is amazing. I am so satisfied. I will not be taking this system back, nor will I be taking Fire Emblem back. I have yet to try Fire Emblem out, but the interface is amazing for me.

Long story short, I was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS.
In the end, I was more than pleased. This product is quality and I am highly impressed.

I will keep this thread updated, posting my new findings and how I enjoy Fire Emblem.
But, if any of you GameFAQ'ers would like to give me advice on how to care for my product, useful downloads, cool features, what games to get... Please share!
I have gone from some-what interested in this system, to full fledged joy from a gaming system. Haven't had this since I was in high school.

Great that you kept with the system, but we really need to stamp out the abuse of the 30 day return policy. All you are doing is increasing the cost to businesses and guess what, they pass on those costs to customers.
#12Binba442Posted 5/14/2013 10:31:04 AM
confettistorm posted...
I originally bought my Nintendo 3DS system tonight, to play one game, then return the console and game to Wal-Mart, stating that the items were not what I wanted and I wanted my money back. (Of course, while keeping the packaging in mint condition.)

I do not blame you. I just did not want to waste my money on something that wasn't going to be worth the cost.

I only bought this system to play Fire Emblem: Awakening on... But OMG, this system is amazing. I am so satisfied. I will not be taking this system back, nor will I be taking Fire Emblem back. I have yet to try Fire Emblem out, but the interface is amazing for me.

In the end, I was more than pleased. This product is quality and I am highly impressed.

I will keep this thread updated, posting my new findings and how I enjoy Fire Emblem.
But, if any of you GameFAQ'ers would like to give me advice on how to care for my product, useful downloads, cool features, what games to get... Please share!
I have gone from some-what interested in this system, to full fledged joy from a gaming system. Haven't had this since I was in high school.

Great that you kept with the system, but we really need to stamp out the abuse of the 30 day return policy. All you are doing is increasing the cost to businesses and guess what, they pass on those costs to customers.

Where I come from, places don't put up with that, a second hand chain (CEX) sells games pretty cheap, but you cannot return a single item (You can sell it, but they buy it for like a 1/4 of what you paid) unless you can prove multiple times that it is defective. I picked up Snake eater, and I tried to take it back, after realizing how bad/overrated Metal gear is, but they wouldn't, so I sold it and managed to pick up steel diver, which was a far better game in every respect.
#13NettoSaitoPosted 5/14/2013 10:40:01 AM
I always buy systems for one game, then the others just show up over time! You should really look into the other games the system has to offer as well.
---
3DS - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | NN - [NettoSaito]
Netto's Game Room [News, and Reviews!] - http://www.nettosgameroom.com/
#14MC LinkPosted 5/14/2013 12:19:11 PM
Binba442 posted...
confettistorm posted...

Where I come from, places don't put up with that, a second hand chain (CEX) sells games pretty cheap, but you cannot return a single item (You can sell it, but they buy it for like a 1/4 of what you paid) unless you can prove multiple times that it is defective. I picked up Snake eater, and I tried to take it back, after realizing how bad/overrated Metal gear is, but they wouldn't, so I sold it and managed to pick up steel diver, which was a far better game in every respect.

Y'know - I am STILL on the fence with Steel Diver!
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!