Think Nintendo will do some account based system soon?

#1princeofdeath3Posted 5/14/2013 2:45:31 AM
This got me thinking with the AA 5 news about digital only. Now that fact doesnt bother me one bit, in fact, Its quite helpful to my situation, living abroad where original games are so expensive it is not even funny. Anyway, I may be getting a 3DSXL in the future, and was wandering, I have a few things already downloaded, would it be possible for Nintendo to do a account based system in the future? Or should I just forget that dream and wait until I get a 3DSXL before buying AA 5? Thanks for your input!!! It is quite appreciated!!!
---
Princeofdeath3, Official Wolf member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#2Primum_MobilePosted 5/14/2013 3:10:14 AM
oh hey, i am in the same situation. downloading game is actually the cheapest options for me too.

anyway, you can do a system transfer between 2 3DS, so you don't have to wait to get AA5. You will need a fairly stable internet connection on both 3DS though, which can be a luxury on certain part of the world.
Just get AA5 first, then when you get a 3DS XL, do a system transfer to transfer everything from your old 3DS to the new one. Pay very close attention to all the instructions, particularly when you are suppose to remove the SD card (make a back up in your computer before the transfer process, just in case).
---
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)
#3princeofdeath3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 3:15:50 AM
Ah thanks my man!! Now I just need to decide on the theme? of the 3DSXl....I want a super duper cool one...hmmmmmmmm....what ones are currently out for PAL? Is there a site that shows them? I may get a Pokemon Y themed one...MAYBE....Hmmmmm....
---
#4HiddenDoorwayPosted 5/14/2013 3:17:39 AM
An account system would really only benefit you if you have multiple 3DS' of the same region that you are currently using. If you get a new one, you can just do a system transfer from one to the next. If yours breaks, you can send it into Nintendo and they can transfer your account to a replacement 3DS.

They'll probably add one in by the next generation, but I don't think they would be able to add one in to the 3DS' software.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4i8uuK8pT1qehcb3o1_500.png
#5princeofdeath3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 3:20:37 AM
HiddenDoorway posted...
An account system would really only benefit you if you have multiple 3DS' of the same region that you are currently using. If you get a new one, you can just do a system transfer from one to the next. If yours breaks, you can send it into Nintendo and they can transfer your account to a replacement 3DS.

They'll probably add one in by the next generation, but I don't think they would be able to add one in to the 3DS' software.

Well I kinda do, me and my little brother heh....
---
#6thebladeofwoePosted 5/14/2013 3:38:43 AM
I wish they would just implement this, so F***ing stuoid that they don't IMO.

Digital is awesome, something akin to steam maybe? Or psn and xbox live?

We can all dream though, right?
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/burning-legion/Powerglave/advanced
black 2FC 4685 8625 3119
#7RX02BansheePosted 5/14/2013 3:41:18 AM
System based is so backwards it would be hilarious if they weren't limiting physical stock to force people to buy digital. System based means the most obvious problem of "something happens to your system say bye-bye to every game you bought" can happen, Nintendo is unbelievably stupid for not realizing this.

Even Sony back when they were being utter morons at the start of last/this gen got the PSN right, and with two highly successful models to copy from Nintendo has no excuse besides incompetence, laziness, and stupidity for using a system based system in this era.

So no, I don't think Nintendo will go system based any time soon. People are far too much like sheep to raise a fuss about it and Nintendo won't bother because they think they're above such obvious things.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#8AnclationPosted 5/14/2013 4:03:39 AM
I hope so, and I hope third parties are nagging Nintendo about it. In the case of AA5 Nintendo's lack of a proper account system will probably cost Capcom some sales.
#9RX02BansheePosted 5/14/2013 4:38:04 AM
Anclation posted...
I hope so, and I hope third parties are nagging Nintendo about it. In the case of AA5 Nintendo's lack of a proper account system will probably cost Capcom some sales.

That's crapcoms fault for making it digital exclusive when it had a physical release in Japan.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board.
Current Location: In your nightmares with a knife and a gun and a chilling wail
#10JumpmandkPosted 5/14/2013 5:42:27 AM
NO, "N" is totally F***ing clueless.

They refuse to recognize industry standards unless they are the creators of the ideas. Apple, Sony and Microsoft would be laughed out of the industry if they did Dumbs**t like this.

"N" just doesn't understand that they need to be doing everything in their power to give users any reasons to buy games. There are many consumers who don't want to buy digital games, due to their poor CS once something goes wrong. Loosing 100 of dollars of software due to not having an account system is WRONG!

The majority of "N" audience is younger gamers who don't take care of their systems or handhelds, and in the end are very likely to loose out due to this current system.