I ended up cancelling Animal Crossing NL pre-order and kept the Pokemon preorder

#1PuddingchanPosted 5/14/2013 7:11:49 AM
I know the previous poll I made seems to suggest otherwise, but I finally decided to cancel my Animal Crossing New Leaf preorder today. My sibling helped in that decision.

I showed one of my younger siblings the gameplay of Animal Crossing New Leaf and although she seems interested in it, I found that she had the same problem with me on the game. The introductions by the Animal neighbours were pretty lengthy. There was hardly anything to excite. While I know it sold really well in Japan, I don't think this game is my cup of tea.

I had some fun times playing the DS version of Animal Crossing (especially with KK slider and some other permanent animal folks) but remembered that I found it boring after a while. I'm aware of the huge amount of customisation and the collecting, but I think this isn't the type of game I'm looking for.

On the contrary, I showed the Pokemon XY trailer and her opinion was that it seemed pretty interesting and she was excited about exploring the place. She wanted to watch me play it when I got it. I know my other sibling is also quite open to Pokemon, so I have decided that I am going to keep this preordered for now. The new video has convinced me further that the game would be something to look forward to.
#2Nightstar1994Posted 5/14/2013 7:14:42 AM
get both
#3BigDaddyWingnutPosted 5/14/2013 7:16:38 AM
Sad to hear you won't be giving New Leaf a shot. I think you're really going to be missing out on something special. I'll be getting AC:NL and Pokemon Y. :D
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
SmashKing just equated liking Animal Crossing to supporting rape. Yep, that just happened. - Tzuba12
#4FAT____MANPosted 5/14/2013 7:17:33 AM
You're letting girl make your decisions for you? Oh lord haha.
#5WitchBaby4200Posted 5/14/2013 7:18:34 AM
BigDaddyWingnut posted...
Sad to hear you won't be giving New Leaf a shot. I think you're really going to be missing out on something special. I'll be getting AC:NL and Pokemon Y. :D

This.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#6ryudin89Posted 5/14/2013 7:20:11 AM
Nightstar1994 posted...
get both

Really. I mean AC comes out next month while Pokemon comes out in October. It's not like you won't have money to buy both games _
---
GameFAQS=why games should be played and people should be avoided.-selfdeztruction
http://fav.me/d3e91yr
#7teamaquashockPosted 5/14/2013 7:22:48 AM
WitchBaby4200 posted...
BigDaddyWingnut posted...

This.

---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#8m0986-8Posted 5/14/2013 7:25:18 AM
You should seriously get both
---
Black 2 FC: 2237-6383-5599 (I am well aware the 3DS is region locked)
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#9hedgylovePosted 5/14/2013 7:28:37 AM
Why does your little sister make your choices for you...I would never do that. I escaped my house ASAP when I was old enough to get away from my sisters haha.
---
RIP Maisey, my sweet little hedgehog.
12/22/08 - 02/13/12
#10Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 7:33:14 AM
FAT____MAN posted...
You're letting girl make your decisions for you? Oh lord haha.

I already had the intention to cancel it, but I was somewhat undecided. Still, I'm not too excited by the videos. My sibling confirms what I thought of it. I'll just wait for someone with a second-hand copy if I really want to play this in the future.

ryudin89 posted...
Nightstar1994 posted...
get both

Really. I mean AC comes out next month while Pokemon comes out in October. It's not like you won't have money to buy both games _

It's great you can afford both though. I can afford both too, but there are other things I want to buy and I'll be taking a temporary break from employment for a while. Also, the games I have at the moment are more than sufficient for my June vacation.