I ended up cancelling Animal Crossing NL pre-order and kept the Pokemon preorder

#11UFOLochePosted 5/14/2013 7:35:25 AM
Puddingchan posted...
FAT____MAN posted...
You're letting girl make your decisions for you? Oh lord haha.

I already had the intention to cancel it, but I was somewhat undecided. Still, I'm not too excited by the videos. My sibling confirms what I thought of it. I'll just wait for someone with a second-hand copy if I really want to play this in the future.

ryudin89 posted...
Nightstar1994 posted...
get both

Really. I mean AC comes out next month while Pokemon comes out in October. It's not like you won't have money to buy both games _

It's great you can afford both though. I can afford both too, but there are other things I want to buy and I'll be taking a temporary break from employment for a while. Also, the games I have at the moment are more than sufficient for my June vacation.

I get that there's games inbetween, but why not choose between games that are closer together? Like, say, Project X Zone or Animal Crossing? This just seems a bit..silly.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#12Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 8:31:29 AM
UFOLoche posted...
I get that there's games inbetween, but why not choose between games that are closer together? Like, say, Project X Zone or Animal Crossing? This just seems a bit..silly.

I'm fine with it. It's fun watching some of the videos of Animal Crossing (with the beautiful towns) but somehow I feel I don't really want to go through the whole hassle of creating the town and everything. I figured that putting that energy into arranging my life would be much better too. So I'll just skip it.

I can understand the charm and appeal of the game to others, but I will be giving this one a miss for now and I don't think I will regret it.
#13tranceaddict19Posted 5/14/2013 8:36:53 AM
You couldn't give me a free copy of this game to play.
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#14nazacuckooPosted 5/14/2013 8:40:18 AM
Upload pics of your sister.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#15ares9090Posted 5/14/2013 8:48:50 AM
I'm almost ready to cancel my pre-order too, this game is really time consuming doing in the game stuff I need to do in real life, like water my gardens ,-_-

I loved the game cube AC better, the neighbor's dialogs were much more funny than in future versions.

I have worked my ass hard to achieve and maintain the Perfect Town status on 3 games already (GCN, DS and Wii) and now those games are a wasteland full of noj usable weed.

I'm still debating between cancel or not my pre-order, if I don't cancel it then I'll debate between wasting (this is not an investment) my time in achieving and maintaining perfect town status.

Another reason about my doubts is, I bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and that game is pretty time consuming too, took me 100+ hours to see the credits roll, but the game didn't ended there, there's plenty to do in it a lot of multiplayer quests, rise my Hunter Rank, experiment with the other 11 types of weapons, forge new armors and experiment with skills.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#16tranceaddict19Posted 5/14/2013 8:59:04 AM
ares9090 posted...
I'm almost ready to cancel my pre-order too, this game is really time consuming doing in the game stuff I need to do in real life, like water my gardens ,-_-

I loved the game cube AC better, the neighbor's dialogs were much more funny than in future versions.

I have worked my ass hard to achieve and maintain the Perfect Town status on 3 games already (GCN, DS and Wii) and now those games are a wasteland full of noj usable weed.

I'm still debating between cancel or not my pre-order, if I don't cancel it then I'll debate between wasting (this is not an investment) my time in achieving and maintaining perfect town status.

Another reason about my doubts is, I bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and that game is pretty time consuming too, took me 100+ hours to see the credits roll, but the game didn't ended there, there's plenty to do in it a lot of multiplayer quests, rise my Hunter Rank, experiment with the other 11 types of weapons, forge new armors and experiment with skills.

cancel

these kiddie games are whats ruining nintendo
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#17gamester_12345Posted 5/14/2013 9:13:19 AM
Personally i haven't been interested in animal crossing since the DS one, i mean the original was basically a N64 game bought to the gamecube, it had quirky features like connecting the GBA to the game for managing an Islander and even download NES games to it, the holidays were relatively straight forward for what they are.

But then with every game, the spectrum of holidays leans slightly towards real life holidays, heard Wii was unique in that each region's animal crossing had their own holidays of sorts....which meant that furnishings might be region-inclusive, never touched it though despite my brother getting it for Christmas a few years ago.

It was probably good the first time, but every time after that just felt bare; there just isn't much you can do with a sim life game except for possibly wait for the next day without caving into tweaking the clock.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2373
KoL: Plucky, currently a Avatar of Jarlsberg
#18MATADOR480Posted 5/14/2013 9:39:00 AM
Puddingchan posted...
I know the previous poll I made seems to suggest otherwise, but I finally decided to cancel my Animal Crossing New Leaf preorder today. My sibling helped in that decision.

I showed one of my younger siblings the gameplay of Animal Crossing New Leaf and although she seems interested in it, I found that she had the same problem with me on the game. The introductions by the Animal neighbours were pretty lengthy. There was hardly anything to excite. While I know it sold really well in Japan, I don't think this game is my cup of tea.

I had some fun times playing the DS version of Animal Crossing (especially with KK slider and some other permanent animal folks) but remembered that I found it boring after a while. I'm aware of the huge amount of customisation and the collecting, but I think this isn't the type of game I'm looking for.

On the contrary, I showed the Pokemon XY trailer and her opinion was that it seemed pretty interesting and she was excited about exploring the place. She wanted to watch me play it when I got it. I know my other sibling is also quite open to Pokemon, so I have decided that I am going to keep this preordered for now. The new video has convinced me further that the game would be something to look forward to.

OK? Good for you? Congratulations?
I really have no idea what kind of feedback you're expecting from this. Do whatever you want dude, and please stop littering on the information superhighway with your inanity.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#19Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 9:49:23 AM
MATADOR480 posted...

OK? Good for you? Congratulations?
I really have no idea what kind of feedback you're expecting from this. Do whatever you want dude, and please stop littering on the information superhighway with your inanity.

If you have nothing to say you don't need to reply.
#20Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 10:02:32 AM
ares9090 posted...

My sentiments exactly.
Also my gaming time has decreased significantly.
Fire Emblem had a lot to do as well.