Upcoming and Current 3DS RPGs....

#1PsychoSwordsmanPosted 5/14/2013 9:01:21 AM
...that are not first person view dungeon crawlers.

I already have Fire Emblem Awakening and Tales of the Abyss. I am not interested in Paper Mario. I have practically every RPG on the DS that is not a first person view dungeon crawler because I hate them. Was it ever confirmed that we are getting localizations for Dragon Quest VIII 3DS and Bravely Default?

Go.
---
"THIS GAME IS SO HARD, EVEN THE PIZZA IS HARD TO EAT!" - Kasui on DMC3
#2GhetsisPosted 5/14/2013 9:02:46 AM
Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS doesn't exist.

And Bravely Default, yes, localization confirmed. Either at the end of this year, or the beginning of 2014.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3KittenLinaPosted 5/14/2013 9:03:28 AM
PsychoSwordsman posted...
Was it ever confirmed that we are getting localizations for Bravely Default?

Go.

Yes.

That is all I came here to post.
---
It's not you liking a game, it's you thinking it's so mainstream everyone played it.
Official Succubus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#4n00bifierPosted 5/14/2013 9:05:56 AM
SMT IV.
---
I can 100% garrentie you that if you take a pro console player and a pro PC player, the console player will win - Fritz0x8
#5ChiefDamonGantPosted 5/14/2013 9:06:24 AM
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team in July (Japan/Europe) and August (America)

Crossing my fingers hard that it doesn't end up being another Sticker Star (or Partners in Time).
---
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
#6PsychoSwordsman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 9:09:46 AM
Ghetsis posted...
Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS doesn't exist.

And Bravely Default, yes, localization confirmed. Either at the end of this year, or the beginning of 2014.

Oops, I meant Dragon Quest VII. Sweet about Bravely Default. It was the only Square game that got me hyped since Final Fantasy XII.

n00bifier posted...
SMT IV.

Saw that it retained first person view battles, not interested.
---
"THIS GAME IS SO HARD, EVEN THE PIZZA IS HARD TO EAT!" - Kasui on DMC3
#7GhetsisPosted 5/14/2013 9:20:28 AM
Oh. Well, no, DQVII remake has not been announced for release outside of Japan.

The original game had first-person battles, though, so you might not be interested in it.

The remake has a different viewpoint. Menus are presented in first-person, but when the attacks are being executed, the viewpoint changes to a pretty simple over-the-shoulder viewpoint, similar to Phantasy Star II and IV. Definitely not some flashy Final Fantasy-esque battle animations like you're probably hoping for.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#8confettistormPosted 5/14/2013 9:39:26 AM
Don't forget Rune Factory 4.
#9ARsignal11Posted 5/14/2013 9:45:02 AM
n00bifier posted...
SMT IV.

While movement is not first person, battle is still in that view.
#10GhetsisPosted 5/14/2013 9:48:04 AM
ARsignal11 posted...
n00bifier posted...
SMT IV.

While movement is not first person, battle is still in that view.

http://lparchive.org/Hamtaro-Ham-Ham-Heartbreak/Update%2008/77-image177.png
---