When will the DSi/XL start to go on sale for really cheap?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When will the DSi/XL start to go on sale for really cheap?
3 years ago#1
Have they done so already? Because when they get to the point where stores are selling them for $50 new to get rid of them, I plan on buying a whole bunch.

I decided to also ask this question here because the DS Board is pretty slow nowadays.
3 years ago#2
Bump. When can I expect the DSi/XL's to go on clearance?
3 years ago#3
Probably not too soon. GBA SP's still go for around that much and Nintendo is still selling refurbished DSi/XL's at competitive price points around $100 (DSi) to $130 (DSi XL). Those refurbished ones also come with Mario Kart DS.

The fact that there's still some DS games still to be released is also a factor because the system is still very much relevant.
3DS Friend Code: 0001-3567-2030
passid.ca/zai
3 years ago#4
Kyle1022 posted...
Bump. When can I expect the DSi/XL's to go on clearance?

No one knows for sure

Only retailers know. I expect certain retailers will start to clearance out the DSi/XL during early Fall/Winter 2013 to clear inventory and shelf space for Black Friday shopping.

Pokemon X/Y comes out in October so I believe retailers will stock more 3DS systems and try to get rid of their DS systems before Pokemon X/Y hits stores.

Just a guess though.
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
3 years ago#5
ChiefDamonGant posted...
Probably not too soon. GBA SP's still go for around that much and Nintendo is still selling refurbished DSi/XL's at competitive price points around $100 (DSi) to $130 (DSi XL). Those refurbished ones also come with Mario Kart DS.

The fact that there's still some DS games still to be released is also a factor because the system is still very much relevant.

Ugh, I hope it's not like the PS2 :/ the DS is probably my top system of all time, but when it's dead it's dead. Lol

adonfraz posted...
No one knows for sure

Only retailers know. I expect certain retailers will start to clearance out the DSi/XL during early Fall/Winter 2013 to clear inventory and shelf space for Black Friday shopping.

Pokemon X/Y comes out in October so I believe retailers will stock more 3DS systems and try to get rid of their DS systems before Pokemon X/Y hits stores.

Just a guess though.

That makes sense. I'll just keep my eye on cheapassgamer and hope for the best.
3 years ago#6
XLs were $20 off at best buy about a week ago b
Patiently waiting for the
http://i.imgur.com/NSUcaoA.png
3 years ago#7
BLAZE_92X posted...
XLs were $20 off at best buy about a week ago b

Eh, I've seen them as low as $100, but I'm talking like for $50. I plan to buy like one of each color.
3 years ago#8
Flipnote Hatena was the DSi's saving grace and it's leaving, and the new Pokemon will be 3DS exclusive so I'm thinking they'll be plenty of clearance sales.
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
3 years ago#9
You can most likely save $10-20 dollars off...on Black Friday
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
3 years ago#10
When the next generation of Nintendo handhelds take off.

Probably in 5 years or so.

Good thing is, the eShop should be fantastic by then.

Bad thing is you'll be missing a lot of retail games.
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. When will the DSi/XL start to go on sale for really cheap?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived