what were they thinking with Castlevania MoF?

#1PrettyBoyMarthPosted 5/14/2013 7:04:11 PM
Well clearly they werent thinking otherwise this game wouldnt exist.

Is this what they think people want in a Castlevania? Seriously, just make a third "Sorrow" game.

Mirror of Sorrow wouldnt even be a bad title at all.
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 475
#2UFOLochePosted 5/14/2013 7:11:54 PM(edited)
No, not another Sorrow game. Soma's story is done with. So is Jonathan's & Charlotte's, so is Shanoa's.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a Castlevania game in the same vein of Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth, which was a Wiiware title(And a EXCELLENT one at that!)

Edit:Actually, screw what I said in the edit. Julius Belmont needs his own game, FAIR ENOUGH, MAKE A THIRD SORROW TITLE!
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#3WiiareVenomPosted 5/14/2013 7:18:24 PM(edited)
They made what they wanted. Different people have different tastes, and they wanted to make a throwback to the classic series, with modernized combat.

Edit:Yea, they really should make an Aria prequel if they ever make another Metroidvania.
---
Join our bearded nation , our bearded population, our bearded operation. Its not an invitation, it is an expectation.
#4PrettyBoyMarth(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2013 7:26:10 PM
""They made what they wanted. Different people have different tastes, and they wanted to make a throwback to the classic series, with modernized combat."

it just ended up feeling clunky and boring overall. They could have used one of the better Castlevanias to do this, like why Lords of Shadow? The console one isnt even a bad game at all, It's actually pretty good, but like the guy above me said, revisiting characters from the other games would have been a lot better.

Also, the game feels poorly done, like you can tell it was rushed. If they really wanted to make a throwback to the older CV's then it should have been a fantastic game, instead of just a mediocre sidescroller.
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 475
#5SMASHKING84Posted 5/14/2013 7:27:42 PM
it's not a bad game for f***s sake.
at worse it's average.
---
Pokemon Black 2 4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuOa40N7hw
#6OoSubaruoOPosted 5/14/2013 7:29:07 PM
TC, when I read the first half of your title. I was reading it in AVGNs voice.
#7UFOLochePosted 5/14/2013 7:30:07 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
at worse it's average.

As compared to Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania 1-3, The Adventure Rebirth, Symphony of the Night, Harmony of Despair, Harmony of Dissonance, Sorrow, Portrait, Ecclesia, which were all excellent(Even if I don't necessarily care for Sorrows and Symphony anymore), it makes it a bad Castlevania game, THAT is why we're disappointed in it.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#8Shadowman621Posted 5/14/2013 7:34:42 PM
I agree that there should be a third sorrow game. Only thing is it would have to be a prequel and be Julius' story. I think it should be called Prelude of Sorrow
---
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon
#9SMASHKING84Posted 5/14/2013 7:36:00 PM(edited)
UFOLoche posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
at worse it's average.

As compared to Super Castlevania IV, Castlevania 1-3, The Adventure Rebirth, Symphony of the Night, Harmony of Despair, Harmony of Dissonance, Sorrow, Portrait, Ecclesia, which were all excellent(Even if I don't necessarily care for Sorrows and Symphony anymore), it makes it a bad Castlevania game, THAT is why we're disappointed in it.

i played every castlevania and i disagree people like the "classic" castlevania(1&3) ONLY because it's hard the game has no intrinsic playability.
i'd rather play anything then cv 1&3 they were terrible.

and no i'm not knocking the games AFTER 3 just 1&3 (even simon's quest was more enjoyable then that garbage)
---
Pokemon Black 2 4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuOa40N7hw
#10Starwars4JPosted 5/14/2013 7:45:09 PM
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202539
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade