3D Sonic the Hedgehog - First Look

#11Ralala888Posted 5/15/2013 8:40:47 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Already own this on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. Is the 3D the only new addition for this game?

Everything special about this version;

"SEGA is working on a 3D Classics version of the 16-bit original, which will include stereoscopic effects to add depth to the environments, all the bug fixes found in later revisions of the Mega Drive cartridge, the Spin Dash move, a CRT monitor emulation and a choice of using the Mega Drive 1 or 2 console sound chip."

http://spong.com/article/29506/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Getting-3D-Classics-Treatment-for-3DS

First link I found.

Should be pointed out, the 3D can be changed for either POP effect (coming at out) or DEPTH effect (like you're looking into the level), and intensity can be changed for comfort. Sega does pretty great things with their emulations on 3DS and I wish they would give us more games.
#12NeonYoshi11Posted 5/15/2013 11:21:35 PM
I just bought Sonic Collection DS and I still havne't beat game 1 so I'm set for a while.

looks good though.
#13wisemiddsPosted 5/16/2013 12:12:51 AM
Hope the borders are optional, they look horrendous! Can't believe M2 would take the time to remake it in 3D and not make it widescreen
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#14656stoogePosted 5/16/2013 1:49:28 AM
wisemidds posted...
Hope the borders are optional, they look horrendous! Can't believe M2 would take the time to remake it in 3D and not make it widescreen

The top comment says they are.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#15xellos667Posted 5/16/2013 2:29:55 AM
I saw M2 logo, and I now I'm sure that this is the only Sonic portable port I want amongst all the ohters. Please bring this over here! I don't want to play this with the crappy backbone port (with the exception of the Wii VC, which was also M2)
---
My 3DS digital games collection:
http://www.backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#16Akira1256Posted 5/16/2013 9:26:48 AM
wisemidds: Yes, that's just the CRT emulation mode, where you can have it emulate playing the game on an old CRT TV, with the curved sides and parts of the edges of the display bending slightly as a result.

There's at least one other video out there that doesn't use that mode, but I don't have any links to them at the moment.
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life