Fire emblem 3D worth playing if I haven't play any others?

#1twa556Posted 5/15/2013 7:41:28 PM
Will I understand what going on? Am I coming in to late to care?
Thoughts?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 5/15/2013 7:42:31 PM
You can jump right in.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#3PuddingchanPosted 5/15/2013 7:45:35 PM
Yes. Compared to other series that throw permanent death on you, this game is a lot more newbie-friendly because of Casual mode.

You don't really need to play the others to understand what's going on in the game because they will explain gameplay tactics in mini-tutorials. The world is related to (many generations after Marth) the first game, but you don't have to know the story from other games to understand this one. It's a standalone in terms of story.
#4Kinneth123Posted 5/15/2013 7:49:49 PM
Yes, play it.

If you absolutely need a game for backround pick up Sacred Stones for the GBA.

You'll need a real GBA though, the VC version of Sacred Stones is only for Ambassadors.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#5twa556(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2013 7:58:50 PM
Yes, play it.

You'll need a real GBA though, the VC version of Sacred Stones is only for Ambassadors.

I have Ambassadors so I do have it.
Anyways I hate my life. So I ordered it from Bestbuy but then I noticed Amazon had priced matched it, since I have prime I could get it sooner. So I quickly cancelled Best buy, but when I went to amazon I finally noticed it said, ship s in 2-3 weeks. So I then had to reorder it from BestBuy, with my luck I'm sure I'll get charged twice.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
#6VerkinsPosted 5/15/2013 8:18:07 PM
You need some knowledge from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon to get some things in Awakening, but Shadow Dragon is a ok game compared to Awakening which is really good.
#7Pork_buttonmashPosted 5/15/2013 8:22:55 PM
Skip it. There are plenty of better games on the 3ds. It's a shame it's the only srpg though. >.<
#8PuddingchanPosted 5/15/2013 8:34:32 PM
Verkins posted...
You need some knowledge from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon to get some things in Awakening, but Shadow Dragon is a ok game compared to Awakening which is really good.

I never played Shadow Dragon (didn't like the artwork and some other things about it) but I still could understand Awakening.

Awakening was more like Sacred Stones though, with the overworld maps and so on.
#9NintenbroPosted 5/15/2013 8:42:43 PM
Pork_buttonmash posted...
Skip it.

No! Don't skip it!

There are plenty of better games on the 3ds.

No, not really...

It's a shame it's the only srpg though.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars says hi! :D
---
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489
#10GhetsisPosted 5/15/2013 8:47:26 PM
twa556 posted...
Yes, play it.

I have Ambassadors so I do have it.
Anyways I hate my life. So I ordered it from Bestbuy but then I noticed Amazon had priced matched it, since I have prime I could get it sooner. So I quickly cancelled Best buy, but when I went to amazon I finally noticed it said, ship s in 2-3 weeks. So I then had to reorder it from BestBuy, with my luck I'm sure I'll get charged twice.

I ordered a couple of Vita games from Best Buy's website a couple months ago, and it took them over a week to just ship the games, and another few days for it to arrive.

I think Amazon Prime is fairly quick...regardless of what it said.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?