Fire emblem 3D worth playing if I haven't play any others?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire emblem 3D worth playing if I haven't play any others?
2 years ago#1
Will I understand what going on? Am I coming in to late to care?
Thoughts?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
2 years ago#2
You can jump right in.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
2 years ago#3
Yes. Compared to other series that throw permanent death on you, this game is a lot more newbie-friendly because of Casual mode.

You don't really need to play the others to understand what's going on in the game because they will explain gameplay tactics in mini-tutorials. The world is related to (many generations after Marth) the first game, but you don't have to know the story from other games to understand this one. It's a standalone in terms of story.
2 years ago#4
Yes, play it.

If you absolutely need a game for backround pick up Sacred Stones for the GBA.

You'll need a real GBA though, the VC version of Sacred Stones is only for Ambassadors.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
2 years ago#5
Yes, play it.

You'll need a real GBA though, the VC version of Sacred Stones is only for Ambassadors.

I have Ambassadors so I do have it.
Anyways I hate my life. So I ordered it from Bestbuy but then I noticed Amazon had priced matched it, since I have prime I could get it sooner. So I quickly cancelled Best buy, but when I went to amazon I finally noticed it said, ship s in 2-3 weeks. So I then had to reorder it from BestBuy, with my luck I'm sure I'll get charged twice.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnuVfx8uVA&list
Typical example of Anime^
2 years ago#6
You need some knowledge from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon to get some things in Awakening, but Shadow Dragon is a ok game compared to Awakening which is really good.
2 years ago#7
Skip it. There are plenty of better games on the 3ds. It's a shame it's the only srpg though. >.<
2 years ago#8
Verkins posted...
You need some knowledge from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon to get some things in Awakening, but Shadow Dragon is a ok game compared to Awakening which is really good.

I never played Shadow Dragon (didn't like the artwork and some other things about it) but I still could understand Awakening.

Awakening was more like Sacred Stones though, with the overworld maps and so on.
2 years ago#9
Pork_buttonmash posted...
Skip it.

No! Don't skip it!

There are plenty of better games on the 3ds.

No, not really...

It's a shame it's the only srpg though.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars says hi! :D
---
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489
2 years ago#10
twa556 posted...
Yes, play it.

I have Ambassadors so I do have it.
Anyways I hate my life. So I ordered it from Bestbuy but then I noticed Amazon had priced matched it, since I have prime I could get it sooner. So I quickly cancelled Best buy, but when I went to amazon I finally noticed it said, ship s in 2-3 weeks. So I then had to reorder it from BestBuy, with my luck I'm sure I'll get charged twice.

I ordered a couple of Vita games from Best Buy's website a couple months ago, and it took them over a week to just ship the games, and another few days for it to arrive.

I think Amazon Prime is fairly quick...regardless of what it said.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire emblem 3D worth playing if I haven't play any others?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived