Nintendo Will 'Fix' Bug That Allows Same-Sex Couples to Marry in Video Game

#121MATADOR480Posted 5/16/2013 6:33:18 PM
StarmanJunior posted...
UponADarkThorne posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
Patching glitches is good. Unrelatedly, it's 2013, and anyone who still has a problem with sexuality is a bigot. I don't know why...but needless to say I have no faith in mankind.

Eh...

Really, it's not that black and white. Japan as a whole isn't fond of homosexuality, but to say it's just bigotry is a little-narrow minded. Japan is at an all-time low as far as birthrates are concerned and will eventually reach a point where there are more people of retirement age than there are of working age. Keep in mind, that the same that frown at the idea of homosexual are also frowning at the idea of "herbivore men"; young men with little to no sexual drive. Japan has made a big deal about the fact that 39% or so males 16-22 really either have little or no interest in, or are otherwise repulsed, by sex.

Likewise, many religious oppositions of homosexuality go deeper than no liking them because they're gay. In Catholicism, for example, sex has two purposes - to strengthen the bonds between a man and a woman who are married and to reproduce. However, in the case of the former, condom usage or birth control, or sex that can't lead to pregnancy is also taboo.

Mind you, I don't agree with it, but at the same time throwing down a blanket label of bigot misses the big picture and ****s any chance of communication.

Thank you. Not many people are willing to have an intellectual discussion about it, and that's what grinds my gears. I have done a lot of research on the subject, and I don't think anyone in this day and age should think it's a choice...I mean who would choose that for themselves in a world full of ridicule anyway? Anyway I don't think anyone should give their two cents on the science unless they are because...then they just don't understand. But yes, I'm some are willing to discuss it, whatever their opinions are, without being ignorant.

Intellectual discussion on gamefaqs? Lol
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)