Picked one of these up for $3.99

#13ds_dudePosted 5/16/2013 3:51:08 PM
...a blue XL + charger, at my local Savers (thrift store). I'm not a Nintendo fan by any means but knew these were pretty pricey, so I shelled out the money immediately and was informed that it came with the box (in excellent condition) of which itself had all the papers and such in pristine condition. The original receipt was there in the box, too. Someone had bought it on October 19, 2012 at a nearby Wal-Mart.

So I had some observations:

1. The Activity Log indicates that the XL was used heavily over the last several months. Yesterday, even, the owner walked 3,079 steps and played the XL for 3 hours 10 minutes total. This means it must have decided to donate it today. I wonder why the owner donated it.

2. I could connect to the internet just fine. While messing around with the Swapnote program, I was debating on whether or not I should contact the registered friends to see if they knew why the owner got rid of it.

3. Yoshi's Touch (the game it came with) is pretty fun and interesting and has high scores spread across a span of 8 years (earliest 2005, most recent early 2013). This implies the owner at least found it interesting.

I guess I just feel bad that the owner doesn't have it anymore.
#27up1001Posted 5/16/2013 3:53:26 PM
What...?

an xl for $4?!
---
Member of the KIU Clan: Midnight Knights
3DS FC: 3093-7122-9771
#3jedinatPosted 5/16/2013 3:55:19 PM
Maybe the kid's parent took it away from him. Don't contact his friends; it's none of your business.
#4lunchEATSyouPosted 5/16/2013 3:56:16 PM
7up1001 posted...
What...?

an xl for $4?!

---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#5xPhoenixWrightxPosted 5/16/2013 3:56:18 PM
What . . . I wish I had seen that in my Good Will.
---
This is what I do in my free time. http://www.theuselessweb.com/ http://tinyurl.com/KoalaGrune . . . http://tinyurl.com/MayaDance
#6rupok93Posted 5/16/2013 4:00:30 PM
Don't ask questions. You didn't steal anything you bought it from someone who doesn't know street price thats it. If someone did steal it they wouldn't sell it for that low. Why would someone go through the trouble of stealing it and then sell for $5? Its most likely a parent that took it away from their kid.
#7UFOLochePosted 5/16/2013 4:02:19 PM
rupok93 posted...
Don't ask questions. You didn't steal anything you bought it from someone who doesn't know street price thats it. If someone did steal it they wouldn't sell it for that low. Why would someone go through the trouble of stealing it and then sell for $5? Its most likely a parent that took it away from their kid.

Well, that's kind of the thing, maybe he just wants to return it to the kid. That's not exactly a bad thing, now is it?

...Course, I'd keep it, 4$, though?

....I'll buy it off you for 5$, that way you won't feel bad. >_> <_<
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#8jedinatPosted 5/16/2013 4:03:13 PM
UFOLoche posted...
Well, that's kind of the thing, maybe he just wants to return it to the kid. That's not exactly a bad thing, now is it?

If the parent took it away, then yeah, it really is a bad thing.
#9rupok93Posted 5/16/2013 4:06:14 PM(edited)
UFOLoche posted...
rupok93 posted...

...Course, I'd keep it, 4$, though?

....I'll buy it off you for 5$, that way you won't feel bad. >_> <_<

ya its none of his business what the owner did with it tbh. People deserve to get scammed when they don't take a minute to research stuff like this before selling it. And the parent situation is highly likely so if TC gives it back they will most likely just resell it for higher price or something.
#10KurizakaPosted 5/16/2013 4:07:18 PM
It's really hard to believe that you got it for $3.99.