So far, what is the 3DS "Killer app"?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/16/2013 5:59:15 PM
So far, what is the 3DS "Killer app"? - Results (369 votes)
Super Mario 3D Land
12.2% (45 votes)
Mario Kart 7
5.69% (21 votes)
Fire Emblem: Awakening
41.19% (152 votes)
Resident Evil: Revelations
3.79% (14 votes)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
9.49% (35 votes)
Kid Icarus
14.36% (53 votes)
New Super Mario Bros 2
1.9% (7 votes)
Ocarina of Time 3D
4.61% (17 votes)
Etrian Odyssey 4
4.88% (18 votes)
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
1.9% (7 votes)
This poll is now closed.
For games already released. Specifically, games that are available in most major regions.
#2DynamicJumpIuffPosted 5/16/2013 6:00:19 PM
I predict FE is going to win this.

Still voting for EOIV though.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#3sumostickfigurePosted 5/16/2013 6:02:03 PM
I'd go with Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, but for the sake of the poll I'll just go with KI.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#4Hashshashin_Posted 5/16/2013 6:02:05 PM
Monster Hunter
#5x_stevey_xPosted 5/16/2013 6:07:08 PM
luigis mansion.. fire emblem is just as good or better. but luigi is a nintendo mascott and it is the year of luigi.. luigis mansion is THE system seller right now
#6AnclationPosted 5/16/2013 6:09:34 PM
Killer app is not the same thing as "favorite game", or the game that caused you personally to buy the system, it's the game that more than any other sells the system to the larger gaming public. How many 3DS systems do you seriously think EOIV sold?

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter (Japan only) and Animal Crossing (Japan, and soon the rest of the world) are the true 3DS killer apps so far, 3D Land probably being the biggest. New Super Mario Bros. 2 sold a lot of copies, but I doubt it sold that many 3DS systems on its own.
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#7WitchBaby4200Posted 5/16/2013 6:10:42 PM
None of these are apps...
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#8MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/16/2013 6:15:18 PM
Anclation posted...
Killer app is not the same thing as "favorite game", or the game that caused you personally to buy the system, it's the game that more than any other sells the system to the larger gaming public. How many 3DS systems do you seriously think EOIV sold?

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter (Japan only) and Animal Crossing (Japan, and soon the rest of the world) are the true 3DS killer apps so far, 3D Land probably being the biggest. New Super Mario Bros. 2 sold a lot of copies, but I doubt it sold that many 3DS systems on its own.

:/ EOIV is releasing to a fan base that got all three of the previous entry on DS across all regions. Not to mention it's high Metacritic score and high praise from everyone who played it. Maybe not a killer app but certainly more worthy of that title than most other 3DS games.
#9AnclationPosted 5/16/2013 6:22:58 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Anclation posted...

:/ EOIV is releasing to a fan base that got all three of the previous entry on DS across all regions. Not to mention it's high Metacritic score and high praise from everyone who played it. Maybe not a killer app but certainly more worthy of that title than most other 3DS games.

Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is apparently going digital-only in the West because Capcom considers the series too niche to commercially viable otherwise - and yet I'm pretty sure the Ace Attorney games are far more popular than the EO ones. Just because a game makes the 3DS 10 on GameFAQs doesn't mean it's a big deal in the wider world of gaming. You can call it a hidden gem, or a future cult classic, but hardly a killer app.
---
We Endorse The Creation of Majora's Mask 3D:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationMoonfall
#10GhetsisPosted 5/16/2013 6:24:45 PM
WitchBaby4200 posted...
None of these are apps...

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3988/link3vj4.jpg
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?