I have never played an Animal Crossing game. Can you recommend me New Leaf?

#1spealfan444Posted 5/16/2013 11:11:30 PM
Really want to get into the series because my friend loves the bejesus out of the series. I think the game looks interesting, but can someone tell me why they like the series so much and why it's good?
Also, is it true that this is $5 off on the digital version? If that's true I may consider getting it digital.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#2ShadowRisaePosted 5/17/2013 12:45:28 AM
It's a game that doesn't really have goals. You just do whatever you want. If you like customizing things or collecting things or just want a game that's relaxing, you might like it. Keep in mind this isn't really the kind of game you'd play for hours and hours on end, and really isn't made to be. I like it, but I can definitely see why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

I don't know about the digital price thing. I don't buy games digital unless that's the only way to get them, or it's significantly cheaper. $5 less isn't cheap enough to make me buy the digital one. I've got the physical copy pre-ordered from Amazon.
---
Too many games, not enough free time.
#3ZappmasterPosted 5/17/2013 1:25:45 AM
I think I've read the digital copy in the US eShop is 35 bucks, dunno if that's cheaper than its physical equivalent.

As for the game, read some reviews or watch some videos to find out if its premise interests you. If it does, I'd say definitely get it. Since your friend's playing, you're going to have a lot of fun playing together with him. The collecting, designing and showing off your town is so much more fun with other people playing.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Rerased
#4Captain_DrekPosted 5/17/2013 2:16:08 AM
It's $34.99 both retail and download in NA.
---
"There's always money in the banana stand."
3DS FC: 3738-0451-3244
#5ZappmasterPosted 5/17/2013 6:21:58 AM
It's 45 euros (that's 57.9105 U.S. dollars in Europe).
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Rerased
#6teamaquashockPosted 5/17/2013 6:31:46 AM
captindrek09 posted...
It's $34.99 both retail and download in NA.

---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#7GhetsisPosted 5/17/2013 6:36:25 AM
Yep, $35 for both digital and physical.

The funny thing is, I believe most places had the physical copies listed for $40 until Nintendo announced that the digital copy would be $35.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?