Say... I wanted to upgrade to a 3DS XL...

#1MegaSlimePosted 5/17/2013 9:18:03 AM
Currently with an Ambassador 3DS. Say I want up to upgrade to a XL, what would be the best way or if there is even a way that I am able to transfer my ambassador things over?

I'm not sure how Nintendo account system works, but is it possible to easily transfer things that I have purchased over to the XL?
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#2fon1988Posted 5/17/2013 9:22:46 AM
You will need to have both your 3DS and 3DS XL present in order to do a system transfer so you can save all your information including Ambassador status.
---
Wii U and 3DS for my current gen gaming. PS4 or 720 will be added a later date.
#3fon1988Posted 5/17/2013 9:23:17 AM
Sorry for the double post but you will also need to have Wifi available to do this.
---
Wii U and 3DS for my current gen gaming. PS4 or 720 will be added a later date.
#4esoteric42Posted 5/17/2013 9:42:49 AM
I transferred my ambassador aqua 3ds to a black 3ds.

I then transferred the black 3ds to my red 3ds xl that I currently use.

No problems at all.

Like previous poster mentioned, have both 3ds and stable wifi access

Then just take your SD card out of your ambassador 3ds and put it in your XL, and all your games and saves will be on your new system.

You do have a 32gb sd card, right? They're super cheap and it will save you hassle down the road if you upgrade.

Just copy and paste from one sd card to another on your PC if you want to use a different SD card.

The ambassador games are saved on the SD card, but the permissions to play them are stored on the system. It's permissions that are copied during a system transfer, as well as system settings, and mii plaza data, etc.

It'll be an easy transfer.
---
Check out my images from Tomodachi Collection and Animal Crossing at: http://www.3dporch.com/users/esoteric30
US 3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141 (Bryan)
#5MegaSlime(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 10:15:45 AM
Sounds good, thanks. I only have the SD card that originally came with the 3DS. I don't have much to transfer, the biggest thing I wanted to transfer was the ambassador status. But, I was thinking of getting some Fire Emblem DLCs, and with AA5 going digital, I might upgrade the card soon.

Now I just gotta decide if I want an upgrade or not, especially considering the wave of games that I am planning to get soon.
---
"Why is it whenever someone says 'with all due respect' they really mean 'kiss my ass'?"-Ashley, Mass Effect
High School Relationships: 99.9% Failure
#6Akira1256Posted 5/17/2013 11:33:57 AM
MegaSlime posted...
Sounds good, thanks. I only have the SD card that originally came with the 3DS.

Hopefully, I'm reading this wrong, but... you only have the SD card? Not the Ambassador 3DS to which it originally belonged?
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 5/17/2013 11:36:57 AM
if you want to downgrade to xl you mean
#8FR432Posted 5/17/2013 11:55:50 AM
Akira1256 posted...
MegaSlime posted...
Sounds good, thanks. I only have the SD card that originally came with the 3DS.

Hopefully, I'm reading this wrong, but... you only have the SD card? Not the Ambassador 3DS to which it originally belonged?

No, you read it wrong. OP just meant they didn't upgrade the SD card and only has a 2GB card and not larger.
#9Akira1256Posted 5/17/2013 1:43:06 PM
That's what I thought, but I figured I should verify it. :)
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#10coldwinePosted 5/17/2013 4:05:27 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
if you want to downgrade to xl you mean

Don't be silly. Now go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
---
"Life is a mistake that only art can correct" - from Passing Strange