are ppl seriously not getting phoenix wright because its digital only?

#71RetroFanGirlPosted 5/19/2013 12:50:46 AM
I wish I could be ignorant enough to buy it, but no account system means any purchase is easily lost.
---
Hi.
#72SoeroahPosted 5/19/2013 1:05:22 AM
RetroFanGirl posted...
I wish I could be ignorant enough to buy it, but no account system means any purchase is easily lost.

And before anyone does the whole 'physical copies can be lost too' crap, I don't know how many people carry around their entire library of physical games at a time, but I can't imagine it would be much.

Digital only, no account system? Lose the 3DS, all your digital games are lost.

Physical copies? Lose the 3DS and whatever game was in it at the time, MAYBE more if you carry multiple games around at the same time.

Physical copies can be stolen from your home? I think thieves are more likely to go after slightly more expensive things than games they can trade in for $4 at Gamestop. A television, perhaps, or jewellery. Computers. Actual money.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#73TinyTim123Posted 5/19/2013 1:21:10 AM(edited)
Soeroah posted...
RetroFanGirl posted...

And before anyone does the whole 'physical copies can be lost too' crap, I don't know how many people carry around their entire library of physical games at a time, but I can't imagine it would be much.

Digital only, no account system? Lose the 3DS, all your digital games are lost.

Physical copies? Lose the 3DS and whatever game was in it at the time, MAYBE more if you carry multiple games around at the same time.

Physical copies can be stolen from your home? I think thieves are more likely to go after slightly more expensive things than games they can trade in for $4 at Gamestop. A television, perhaps, or jewellery. Computers. Actual money.

Yeah, it's true. My XBox360, laptop, all my 360 games got jacked. The cases for some of my DS games were taken, but not the games themselves (I had them in the Animal Crossing case and other locations.
They left the cables for the 360, and dropped the TV outside as they tried loading up their pickup.
The TV was broken =\

I still want some sort of account system, something better than "Tied to your system".

The way I figure Nintendo will make make their account system is that games can be on ONE system at a time, and to transfer licenses from one 3DS to another (or to a Wii U, whatever), they will either make BOTH systems be online to do it (I sure hope it's not this way, it was on the old 360s), or as soon as the original system goes online after doing a license transfer, all transferred content becomes unplayable. Something like that, but without actually requiring physical possession of the originating 3DS, kind of thing.

To be fair, license transfer for offline play on the XBox360 was very much the same in the beginning as the system transfer on the 3DS, in that one needed to possess the original Hard Drive, and be online. Now it's time to move just a bit closer to the present.

Edit: Oh, and thieves grab whatever they think they can get money for, let's be honest. If they have enough time, they grab EVERYTHING.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#74demonfang178Posted 5/19/2013 4:42:36 AM
Quesker posted...
Instead of boycotting the game, how about writing to Capcom regarding the whole Digital-only ordeal. And maybe write a letter to Nintendo in regards to an account system, as well.

I am doing both. Well, I haven't thought of how to start off the letter, but it's coming along.
#75ZappmasterPosted 5/19/2013 5:11:35 AM
I'm not going to buy 6 if 5 is digital only, I don't want an incomplete collection in my bookcase.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Rerased
#76PuddingchanPosted 5/19/2013 5:33:34 AM
I know for sure I won't be getting if its digital only and not cheap. Rather that they have a physical version that I would buy from Day 1.
#77parKb5Posted 5/19/2013 6:01:23 AM
FefnirOmega13 posted...
Nope.

I'm not paying 40 for a game I'm going to enjoy once, maybe twice, and then I can't do anything with it.

I love to trade my games back in after I'm finished with them- since not only do I get money back from the purchase to go towards another game- which helps with games like Phoenix Wright, incredibly short and brief games- but also another person can get to enjoy the game.

I've bought digital before, and I can see why people like it- it is convenient, after all. But it's not a good idea for a game like Phoenix Wright.

Yeah, I have no problem with digital only, but I would prefer it on a game that I will keep going back to time and time again. Ace Attorney is NOT that game. It is a game that you play once and either stick it back on the shelf to collect dust, or trade it in towards a new game.

With digital, you are stuck looking at that icon until the end of time, or deleting it and hoping that in the future (should you want to) you can download it again.

I guess it depends on what price is going to be charged. If it is anything over $30.00, I may have to re-think on how much I really want this game, where with a physical copy it would be a no-brainer.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#78guedesbrawlPosted 5/19/2013 6:44:35 AM
Some poeple are unable to buy Digital games. Honestly, i think all the complaints about nintendo's online system are stupic: it still works and an account system would improve almost nothing.

I am locked out of PW and FEA's DLC until early July...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#79parKb5Posted 5/19/2013 6:47:29 AM
guedesbrawl posted...
Some poeple are unable to buy Digital games. Honestly, i think all the complaints about nintendo's online system are stupic: it still works and an account system would improve almost nothing.

I am locked out of PW and FEA's DLC until early July...

Why are you locked out?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#80walkingEyePosted 5/19/2013 10:46:02 AM
If you don't like how the game is digital only, you don't have to boycott the game outright. You just have to hold off on buying it for the first several weeks after release. Companies like Capcom only care about the sales from those first several weeks. If the game bombs during that time, it's deemed a failure even if sales pick up later.
---
<> Ain't no party like a Mario Party