Anyone else worried about the outcome of the new Smash Bros?

#1Super SlashPosted 5/19/2013 4:40:47 PM
I don't like the idea of it being multi platform. The 3DS version will likely be different from the Wii U one in some way, and if it isn't, then it'll probably still be a watered down port (which still technically means it's different). That being said, if the 3DS version *is* different, they'll be dividing their attention between the two versions, possibly reducing the potential quality of both games (especially the Wii U one) as a result. The 3DS version will almost certainly link with the Wii U one in some way, which means it probably will have some differences.

Thoughts?
#2melchiahdimPosted 5/19/2013 4:45:06 PM
It's not like the quality of the past Smash Bros games ever suffered (IMO). I bet they have different teams working on both games simultaneously. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets delayed.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0516-8714-1928
Vita: Melchiahdim
#3Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 4:50:11 PM
melchiahdim posted...
It's not like the quality of the past Smash Bros games ever suffered (IMO).

They've never been multi platform until now though.

melchiahdim posted...
I bet they have different teams working on both games simultaneously. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets delayed.

This is certainly possible.
#4_Pingu_Posted 5/19/2013 5:12:11 PM
I don't think it'll be like "Smash Bros" and "Smash Bros but on 3DS". I imagine they'll be different games with different features, and each will have their strengths.
---
Be happy and stuff
#5levyjl1988Posted 5/19/2013 5:12:21 PM
I'm sure it will be fine.
Since Smash bros Brawl I have confidence that this game will meet or exceed our expectations. I mean Smash Bros Brawl had custom button mapping, different controller options, tons of trophies, etc. The only thing that prevented Brawl from being a long time player in games is:

-480p, game would have looked fantastic 720p.
-No patches, it's the wii. Game could have been tweaked.
-Custom maps weren't shared online like intended.

Other than that it's in good hands, unless they make it like MK7, which needed more characters, and maps to make it perfect for the lack of mission mode and other features present in the DS version.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#6NeonYoshi11Posted 5/19/2013 5:16:35 PM
Why don't people understand this.

We are going to get 2 different smash brothers games instead of just a handheld port.

How can people complain about that ?
#7WitchBaby4200Posted 5/19/2013 5:35:26 PM
I'm not worried about it. I'm excited to have it on a handheld device like the 3DS. I think it'll be pretty awesome.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#8Super Slash(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2013 5:36:40 PM
NeonYoshi11 posted...
Why don't people understand this.

We are going to get 2 different smash brothers games instead of just a handheld port.

How can people complain about that ?

Do you know how long a Smash Bros game takes to make? How're they gonna make two in such a short timespan?
#9rupok93Posted 5/19/2013 5:38:27 PM(edited)
Why would it be a watered down port exactly? WIi U hardware isn't so super advanced that gameplay mechanics would have to be changed to make a 3ds version.
#10ceedofevilPosted 5/19/2013 5:40:42 PM
Just so everybody knows Bamco is helping with the game.
---
Who would win in a fight? Lemmy or God?