Anyone else worried about the outcome of the new Smash Bros?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else worried about the outcome of the new Smash Bros?
2 years ago#11
No. Reason: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
---
3DS: 3179-7514-8675
"Vitamins, carotins, potassium, fiber... polyphenol!!!"
2 years ago#12
3DS will be more focused on single player, Wii U will be more focused on multiplayer, online and content. That's what I think.

I'm only worried because it's Namco. Smash Bros' (Particularly Melee) always had a sort of "unofficial" vibe to me. It felt like a homebrew game by a bunch of fans, although I mainly feel like that from the menu designs and such. Now a third party is doing it I'm worried this feeling will be stronger.
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
2 years ago#13
Gavin_Rozee posted...
3DS will be more focused on single player, Wii U will be more focused on multiplayer, online and content. That's what I think.

I'm only worried because it's Namco. Smash Bros' (Particularly Melee) always had a sort of "unofficial" vibe to me. It felt like a homebrew game by a bunch of fans, although I mainly feel like that from the menu designs and such. Now a third party is doing it I'm worried this feeling will be stronger.

Why would a smash bros game be focused on singleplayer? They will mostly likely release full online support similar to mario cart on 3ds.
2 years ago#14
hors_doeuvres posted...
No. Reason: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
2 years ago#15
To be honest, Smash Bros games don't seem like the type that would require that much...I don't know, special attention. Look at the Street Fighter series. I imagine it will be a similar situation: getting as much of the core game onto the 3DS with the power that is available (unless a 'new' game is made only for the 3DS).

It's not like anyone plays for the story.
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
2 years ago#16
They will probably have the same main multiplayer modes, but have different single player and extra modes.
---
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
2 years ago#17
I'm worried that making a 3DS one will take away from the time and therefore quality of the Wii U Smash Bros. I really hope they release the 3DS one before the Wii U one so they have more time to make the Wii U Smash Bros as good as can be.
---
3DSFC: 0430-8332-4765
2 years ago#18
The games will be virtually the same thing, iirc. When it was announced, they said that the 3DS and WiiU versions will be able to connect and play/battle together. (I believe MH3 Ultimate did this too)
So, no need to worry- if they'll be connectable, then at the very least the multiplayer (which is usually what people play SSB for) will be identical. :)
---
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior.
Is it really that difficult for us to just put aside our differences and get along?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else worried about the outcome of the new Smash Bros?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived