Getting a 3DS soon, what game should I buy first?

#21DynamicJumpIuffPosted 5/20/2013 8:22:04 PM
Etrian Odyssey IV.

Or rather... Get Fire Emblem and download the EO demo to see if you like it.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#22WiiFan77Posted 5/20/2013 8:46:58 PM
Fire Emblem, and get the EO:IV demo, like the above poster said.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#23zzazzgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 9:01:39 AM
Thanks for all the feedback! I just purchased Ocarina of Time (on sale at amazon for $30) and I will be getting Fire Emblem Awakening before the end of the week. I looked into other games you guys recommended such as Kid Icarus and Etrian Odessy iV, they look great, I'll have to purchase them in the future. I must say that i am really excited to get my 3DS soon!
#242wingedangelPosted 5/22/2013 9:16:27 AM
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Monster hunter 3 U is the only viable choice.

That's assuming that he likes that sort of thing. And no, it's not the ONLY viable option, as you can plainly see.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#25BigDaddyWingnutPosted 5/22/2013 9:32:39 AM
zzazzgamer, have you ever tried Animal Crossing? The newest iteration comes out in a few weeks and I highly recommend it if you like life sims or games where you set your own pace and play whatever way you want to. :)
---
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
I saw it... I saw it...
#26tugzPosted 5/22/2013 10:20:46 AM(edited)
I'm with you TC. Never played a Zelda or FE.

I have yet to get OoT since I just bought my 3DS as well but my friend let me borrow his copy of FE and I have to say that game is really great and worth the price. Definitely go with Awakening.

EDIT: Okay not to offend or anything but I tried the demo and can I say I do not see why people love Etrian Odyssey so much? It just did not click with me on any aspect.
---
3DS FC: 1607-2207-7869
#27OoSubaruoOPosted 5/22/2013 10:20:15 AM
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Monster hunter 3 U is the only viable choice.

No, it's clearly not the only viable choice.
#28zzazzgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:53:33 AM(edited)
BigDaddyWingnut posted...
zzazzgamer, have you ever tried Animal Crossing? The newest iteration comes out in a few weeks and I highly recommend it if you like life sims or games where you set your own pace and play whatever way you want to. :)

Yes i have played Animal Crossing before and I love the series. Animal Crossing New Leaf is gonna be a first day purchase for me.

tugz posted...
I'm with you TC. Never played a Zelda or FE.

I have yet to get OoT since I just bought my 3DS as well but my friend let me borrow his copy of FE and I have to say that game is really great and worth the price. Definitely go with Awakening.

EDIT: Okay not to offend or anything but I tried the demo and can I say I do not see why people love Etrian Odyssey so much? It just did not click with me on any aspect.

Thanks for the incite, I will be buying FE!