Getting a 3DS soon, what game should I buy first?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Getting a 3DS soon, what game should I buy first?

User Info: DynamicJumpIuff

DynamicJumpIuff
3 years ago#21
Etrian Odyssey IV.

Or rather... Get Fire Emblem and download the EO demo to see if you like it.
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma

User Info: WiiFan77

WiiFan77
3 years ago#22
Fire Emblem, and get the EO:IV demo, like the above poster said.
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.

User Info: zzazzgamer

zzazzgamer
3 years ago#23
Thanks for all the feedback! I just purchased Ocarina of Time (on sale at amazon for $30) and I will be getting Fire Emblem Awakening before the end of the week. I looked into other games you guys recommended such as Kid Icarus and Etrian Odessy iV, they look great, I'll have to purchase them in the future. I must say that i am really excited to get my 3DS soon!

User Info: 2wingedangel

2wingedangel
3 years ago#24
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Monster hunter 3 U is the only viable choice.

That's assuming that he likes that sort of thing. And no, it's not the ONLY viable option, as you can plainly see.
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462

User Info: BigDaddyWingnut

BigDaddyWingnut
3 years ago#25
zzazzgamer, have you ever tried Animal Crossing? The newest iteration comes out in a few weeks and I highly recommend it if you like life sims or games where you set your own pace and play whatever way you want to. :)
3DS:1547-5206-2758 (Wingnut)
I saw it... I saw it...

User Info: tugz

tugz
3 years ago#26
I'm with you TC. Never played a Zelda or FE.

I have yet to get OoT since I just bought my 3DS as well but my friend let me borrow his copy of FE and I have to say that game is really great and worth the price. Definitely go with Awakening.

EDIT: Okay not to offend or anything but I tried the demo and can I say I do not see why people love Etrian Odyssey so much? It just did not click with me on any aspect.
3DS FC: 1607-2207-7869

User Info: OoSubaruoO

OoSubaruoO
3 years ago#27
ss4gogeta_dark posted...
Monster hunter 3 U is the only viable choice.

No, it's clearly not the only viable choice.

User Info: zzazzgamer

zzazzgamer
3 years ago#28
BigDaddyWingnut posted...
zzazzgamer, have you ever tried Animal Crossing? The newest iteration comes out in a few weeks and I highly recommend it if you like life sims or games where you set your own pace and play whatever way you want to. :)

Yes i have played Animal Crossing before and I love the series. Animal Crossing New Leaf is gonna be a first day purchase for me.

tugz posted...
I'm with you TC. Never played a Zelda or FE.

I have yet to get OoT since I just bought my 3DS as well but my friend let me borrow his copy of FE and I have to say that game is really great and worth the price. Definitely go with Awakening.

EDIT: Okay not to offend or anything but I tried the demo and can I say I do not see why people love Etrian Odyssey so much? It just did not click with me on any aspect.

Thanks for the incite, I will be buying FE!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Getting a 3DS soon, what game should I buy first?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived