Which do you think is Nintendo's best handheld so far?

#1Numbuh100Posted 5/20/2013 2:04:31 AM
Which do you think is Nintendo's best handheld so far? - Results (178 votes)
Gameboy
1.12% (2 votes)
Gameboy Color
1.12% (2 votes)
Gameboy Advance
5.62% (10 votes)
Gameboy Micro
1.69% (3 votes)
Gameboy Advance SP
14.04% (25 votes)
DS
7.87% (14 votes)
DS Lite
15.17% (27 votes)
DSi
3.37% (6 votes)
3DS
20.79% (37 votes)
3DS XL
29.21% (52 votes)
This poll is now closed.
DS so far with Pokemon up their sleeves.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#2Rizaadon007Posted 5/20/2013 2:51:22 AM
3DS for having 2 totally awesome libraries of games, one of which will just keep getting better and better.
---
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky.
-NettoSaito on the children characters in Fire Emblem Awakening.
#3crispyoPosted 5/20/2013 2:57:10 AM
Ds lite by far.
---
3DS FC: 4253-3731-6211
#4XMonkeySniperXPosted 5/20/2013 4:10:59 AM
Gonna say 3DS just because a new SMT is releasing on it, and I'm a complete fanboy of that series.
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#5Nikos_the_greatPosted 5/20/2013 4:13:37 AM
DS right now, but I'm fairly certain the 3DS will surpass it in a few years.
#6OoSubaruoOPosted 5/20/2013 4:15:58 AM
Nikos_the_great posted...
DS right now, but I'm fairly certain the 3DS will surpass it in a few years.

If anything, I'd say it's already surpassed it in games.
#7chaomaster4000Posted 5/20/2013 4:23:44 AM(edited)
Ugh, this was difficult. In terms of fun games I absolutely cannot decide between the GBA and the DS; both have such extensive and varied libraries that deciding between the two is impossible, so I had to decide in terms of cosmetics. The original GBA and DS were both pretty ugly. The follow up to both, the GBA SP and DS Lite, both significantly improved the form factor but both were still pretty chunky and I didn't like the DS Lite's glossy finish.

After that, we have the GBA Micro and DSi, both of which are significant improvements in style and form factor (at the loss of some degree of backwards compatibility) and are in my opinion the pinnacle of appearance of their respective handheld generations. The GBA Micro has to be the most portable system ever with a nice curvy design on the front, and GBA games never look better than when played on the sharp Micro screen, but it's not really a modern look now and even relative to the size of the device the screen is quite small. The black DSi is the design which is best in my opinion due to the minimalist approach, what with the unobtrusive matte black exterior, single camera lens providing an asymmetric, modern top, and the screens taking up so much of the interior (and by contrast the buttons taking up so little). On that basis alone I went with DSi.

Jeez, who knew I was prepared to talk in such depth about the appearance of an electronic device. =|

EDIT: The DSiXL is a different kettle of fish though. I don't like the hideous colours it came in nor the screen quality, nevermind the further reduction in portability.
---
"Hey! Where's MY alien donkey?"
#8GhetsisPosted 5/20/2013 5:17:56 AM
crispyo posted...
Ds lite by far.

Definitely, with the worst d-pad in existence, and hinges that crack for no reason.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#9OoSubaruoOPosted 5/20/2013 5:21:23 AM(edited)
Ghetsis posted...
crispyo posted...
Ds lite by far.

Definitely, with the worst d-pad in existence, and hinges that crack for no reason.

I owned a DS Lite for over 5 years, and mine never had cracked hinges. Though, that was my experience with it.
#10WitchBaby4200Posted 5/20/2013 5:56:08 AM
I'm torn between the DS and 3DS. The DS was just an amazing system that broke a lot of boundaries in a handheld device and offered a whole new slew of ideas and games that benefitted even the most casual of gamers, while still appeasing the veteran gaming crowd. The 3DS is basically the DS with 3D capabilities and an online store that just keeps getting better and better. I purchased my DS fairly late, so the extensive library of games was readily available to me. I don't know if it had a slow start with its library like the 3DS had. The 3DS came out a couple years ago, but like the Wii U, I don't feel Nintendo was prepared with its choices in games, and the development of games for the console. I felt that the system was rushed, so I waited a year before purchasing it. They keep saying this is the Year of Luigi, but I feel it's FINALLY the Year of the 3DS. I think after writing all of this down, I'll say the DS was the best, with the 3DS trailing very close behind, and will definitely surpass the DS as far as games by next year.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.