Why would anyone NOT buy a 3DS XL if you didn't have either version?

#1BignutzisBackPosted 5/20/2013 2:06:21 AM
I understand if you already have the original but if you don't I mean come on the Screen is 90% larger
---
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/2/25/17/anigif_enhanced-buzz-13231-1361831056-0.gif
http://i.minus.com/iluvk8aR4mzC8.gif
#2wentzelotPosted 5/20/2013 2:12:26 AM
only reason i can think of is to save money and then go into heavy denial that you made the right choice and try to convince yourself that the regular versions is better by spouting things on a message board about why the regular version is better even though deep in your soul you know the XL is superior
#3NekoakumaPosted 5/20/2013 2:12:40 AM
You're assuming that the bigger screens mean the same to everyone.

I bought my 2nd og 3DS, well after the LL was out. The LL offers nothing to me.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#4AqouzePosted 5/20/2013 2:17:29 AM
i hv the XL and still think the regular is good for my small hand.

some girls got small hand and they prefer it to be grip easier.
#5Watt64Posted 5/20/2013 2:18:06 AM
PokeMaster posted...
You're assuming that the bigger screens mean the same to everyone.

I bought my 2nd og 3DS, well after the LL was out. The LL offers nothing to me.

I did the same. My original 3ds's circle pad broke, so I had to get a new 3ds. I could have gotten an XL, but I wanted to stick with what I had before. Not to save money, not because I don't like the XL. I just like the original better.
---
"Hi, mister! I'm Watt. Can I, um, get out of here?"
#6Retroxgamer0Posted 5/20/2013 2:30:42 AM(edited)
im trying to figure out why some people prefer paying 40 dollars more money just to stretch out their native image and get an uglier image on a bulkier console with inferior speaker quality and a far uglier 3ds console, when they can just get the regular 3ds and bypass all of those issues. i mean why would you pay MORE money for a worse console? makes no sense...
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 5/20/2013 2:48:28 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im trying to figure out why some people prefer paying 40 dollars more money just to stretch out their native image and get an uglier image on a bulkier console with inferior speaker quality and a far uglier 3ds console, when they can just get the regular 3ds and bypass all of those issues. i mean why would you pay MORE money for a worse console? makes no sense...

What makes no sense, is how you jump ship so frequently.
#8Watt64Posted 5/20/2013 2:50:02 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

It's funny how different people's opinions can be from each other. ^_^

PS: I somewhat agree with you.
---
"Hi, mister! I'm Watt. Can I, um, get out of here?"
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 5/20/2013 3:09:09 AM(edited)
i think the screen glare of the regular 3ds is actually its biggest weak point, not screen size.the xl's biggest plus by far is that it has anti glare screens. i have to go out of my way to find a screen protector that will remove some of the annoying glare on my zelda 3ds. but i wouldnt advise ppl pay 40 bucks to remove the glare, just find an alternative way...the rest of the system looks great. but yeah, there are drawbacks to the bigger screen, none to the anti glare.
#10n00bsaib0tPosted 5/20/2013 2:59:47 AM
I bought a standard 3DS after trying both and deciding the 3DS was more comfortable. I wouldn't mind the XL if it was the only model, but I paid less for a more comfortable to hold system (if you have bigger hands your mileage may vary).

I would love a smaller version of the XL with better dpad, start home and select buttons but ultimately those are pretty much cosmetic. It's better for the system to be comfortable to hold.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile