Fire Emblem: Awakening & Kid Icarus: Uprising, which has the better cast?

#31UFOLochePosted 5/20/2013 5:54:58 PM
TheMisterManGuy posted...
UFOLoche posted...
Ok, and? Uprising's script trumps Awakening's in terms of quality. I'd rather have a fully voiced script that has ups and downs(In a good way) and keeps me laughing than a script that just reeks of laziness. Not that Awakening's script is terrible, but it's not as "amazing" as people make it out to be.

Well, that's your opinion & I respect it. In my opinion, both games were very well written and contained many quotable lines.

Pyron - "What I can't hear you over all this, AWSOME!"

Sully - "An idiot on a horse, is still an idiot."

Hades - "Attention passengers, those who fail to pay their fare must exit the vehicle."

Henry - "Well, when a mommy zombie and a daddy zombie love eachother very much..."

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love some of Awakening's dialogue as well(although I could do without Sully), Henry in particular was pretty awesome and I was disappointed he didn't get much time in the spotlight.

I did get a bit carried away, though. Really though, in the end, I just think Awakening's characters just aren't as good as Uprising's, mainly because Uprising's characters all generally get their spotlight, while Awakening(As I said before) characters generally get shuffled into a corner after their opening chapter(If they're that lucky). Course, one of my favorite SRPGs, Shining Force, suffers from the same problem, and even moreso since there aren't support convos(And hell, those characters don't even die). I just hope that, in the next Fire Emblem, they cut back on the characters and make the ones you do get more important and stand out more.
---
PSN:Marioandli Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#32TheMisterManGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/21/2013 3:36:07 AM
Well the results are in. It appears 49 of you voted Awakening. While 37 of you rooted for Uprising. And 21 of you were in between. Both games fought strong in terms of cast, but if I were to choose, I'd have to go with Fire Emblem: Awakening. Not only does it have a much larger cast, but YOU control how much spotlight each of your soldiers get thanks to the support conversations. There are a ton of support conversations so you'll always want to grind all supports for your favorite characters just to see what they have to say. Plus, these are some of the most colorful characters I've ever seen in an RPG. From the sugar-addicted Gaius, to the elegant skirt-chasing Virion, to the hill-billy farmer Donnel, to the split-persona Noire, and even the cowardly Yarne. Each unit feels distinct and almost always has something funny to say even the user created Avatar. And for the most part, Awakening avoids the lazy JRPG route of slapping tired, one-dimensional anime stereotypes on to a polygon and calling it a day. Even when it does use said stereotypes, it does them in such a charming and hillarious way that you can't help but laugh at the rediculous situations the characters are in and the things they say. Props to Inteligent Systems for creating one of the most memorable casts in Nintendo game history. But Uprising was no slouch in it's cast either, the goofy banter between the characters was what made the game half the fun to play. Plus, it too had colorful characters. The seductively talking Pandora, the goofball Thanatos, The 3 headed hewdraw, and the Star Wars villan-esque Arlong. So props to Sora on such a memorable cast for that game too.
---
In a gaming world filled with chaos & fanboyism, I try to be the voice that guides people to the truth.
#33bcorneliaPosted 5/21/2013 4:53:00 AM
That post was painful to read.
---
This is an elite pirate
#34Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/21/2013 5:31:31 AM
UFOLoche posted...
TheMisterManGuy posted...
UFOLoche posted...
Ok, and? Uprising's script trumps Awakening's in terms of quality. I'd rather have a fully voiced script that has ups and downs(In a good way) and keeps me laughing than a script that just reeks of laziness. Not that Awakening's script is terrible, but it's not as "amazing" as people make it out to be.

Well, that's your opinion & I respect it. In my opinion, both games were very well written and contained many quotable lines.

Pyron - "What I can't hear you over all this, AWSOME!"

Sully - "An idiot on a horse, is still an idiot."

Hades - "Attention passengers, those who fail to pay their fare must exit the vehicle."

Henry - "Well, when a mommy zombie and a daddy zombie love eachother very much..."

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love some of Awakening's dialogue as well(although I could do without Sully), Henry in particular was pretty awesome and I was disappointed he didn't get much time in the spotlight.

I did get a bit carried away, though. Really though, in the end, I just think Awakening's characters just aren't as good as Uprising's, mainly because Uprising's characters all generally get their spotlight, while Awakening(As I said before) characters generally get shuffled into a corner after their opening chapter(If they're that lucky). Course, one of my favorite SRPGs, Shining Force, suffers from the same problem, and even moreso since there aren't support convos(And hell, those characters don't even die). I just hope that, in the next Fire Emblem, they cut back on the characters and make the ones you do get more important and stand out more.

I have to disagree. Awakening had a pretty small cast that didn't give you many options, I want a bigger one in the next game. I get what you're saying from a story-perspective. A small cast will allow each character to be more developed more. But from a gameplay-perspective it limits your options. Look at Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon or Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. Those games gave you lots of options and choices of who to use. You want an archer in Awakening? You have to use Virion, or wait until you can work to get Noire, or reclass someone into a class they don't belong in.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support