Do you think the Dragon Warrior games for GBC will come out on the eShop?

#1NonSubwayJaredPosted 5/20/2013 5:52:31 PM
Well, what do you think? - Results (65 votes)
Nah, probably not.
49.23% (32 votes)
Maybe one if we're lucky.
30.77% (20 votes)
Probably the main series ones but not the Monsters ones.
6.15% (4 votes)
Probably the Monsters ones but not the main series ones.
0% (0 votes)
Yes, probably at least one from each sub-series.
6.15% (4 votes)
Yes, I'm sure we'll see all of them!
7.69% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Yeah I know it's Dragon Quest worldwide now, but they were all released under the Warrior name back in the day.

I'm not a huge fan of monster collecting and the VC can't do linking anyway at present, so I'm mostly just hoping for DW1&2 and DW3.
#2GhetsisPosted 5/20/2013 5:55:12 PM(edited)
100% positive they won't.

There has not been one digital rerelease of any games in the series (not counting mobile versions.) While Final Fantasy has plenty of games on Wii VC and PSN, Dragon Quest has zero.

I don't know why they would break this trend on 3DS VC, of all things.

Also, I would much rather the NES games (Dragon Warrior IV, one of my favorite games of all time!) than the GBC ones. But like I said, not gonna happen.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3kalvadorPosted 5/20/2013 6:16:12 PM(edited)
square enix is focusing on phones now, so I think it's pretty improbable we get anything else than what is awaiting localization...

Quote from their latest financial results :

"The Group strives to respond to these changes, and has adopted a medium- to long-term management strategy that focuses on pioneering a new era in digital entertainment."

---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus
#4kuragari1anonlyPosted 5/20/2013 6:12:02 PM
I would -definitely- buy Dragon Quest 3 on the GBC again, and both Monsters games.

As for the I and II collection, I might be spoiled on the SNES one. Knowing Square Anus they'll find a way to **** it up anyway.
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#5ecco6t9Posted 5/20/2013 11:24:24 PM
It's a gaming crime that we will not see them rereleased.

More shockingly is that Final Fantasy Legends and Final Fantasy Adventure are not on the Virtual Console. One would think that Square Enix would have at least one up.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#6MV6000Posted 5/21/2013 2:43:12 AM
I own the entire Loto/Erdrick Trilogy on the Gameboy Color and it would be a shame if they where never released on the eShop. They are on my top Gameboy Color games list and I think more people should experience those master pieces. Especially since we never had a localized release of that trilogy collection on the Wii.
---
Proud owner of a PS3 / 360 / Wii
http://psnprofiles.com/MV6000
#7DarkHeroRavenPosted 5/21/2013 5:57:38 AM
Probably not, but I really, really, really hope I'm wrong and they do D:
---
http://backloggery.com/RavenTheObsidian
#8pikachupwnagePosted 5/21/2013 6:01:56 AM
I don't get why they wouldn't..surely a VC release of a dragon quest game would make good money with a small amount of time and effort.
---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#9pikachupwnagePosted 5/21/2013 6:02:35 AM
I really want Dragon warrior monsters 2 Tara's adventure...I loved that game ;_;
---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif
Official maribelle of the Fire emblem awakening board! Official pokemon fanboy of the NDF!
#10NonSubwayJared(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 4:22:17 PM
Ghetsis posted...
100% positive they won't.

There has not been one digital rerelease of any games in the series (not counting mobile versions.) While Final Fantasy has plenty of games on Wii VC and PSN, Dragon Quest has zero.

I don't know why they would break this trend on 3DS VC, of all things.

Also, I would much rather the NES games (Dragon Warrior IV, one of my favorite games of all time!) than the GBC ones. But like I said, not gonna happen.

Oh... now I has a sad. :(