10 minutes of SMT IV gameplay

#21ARsignal11Posted 5/22/2013 6:41:28 AM
Awesome find, TC. So far, I'm loving everything I'm seeing about this game. Can't wait to get it.
#22WiiFan77Posted 5/22/2013 7:15:49 AM
I'm honestly a little annoyed that MC death doesn't result in a Game Over. I thought it really made the battles more edgy and interesting.

The enemies in this game better do a lot more damage than in previous SMT games, to make up for this.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#23ServantOfErieosPosted 5/22/2013 7:32:08 AM
Not for me, I'll pass in the mean time.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#24Sir_HaxorPosted 5/22/2013 7:46:54 AM
WiiFan77 posted...
I'm honestly a little annoyed that MC death doesn't result in a Game Over. I thought it really made the battles more edgy and interesting.

The enemies in this game better do a lot more damage than in previous SMT games, to make up for this.

This game is returning to SMT1, 2, if... style. In those games the MC could die but the heroine could continue fighting. However, it was difficult to continue since you no longer had access to COMP functions such as the map, devil analyze, or negotiation.

If you were in the middle of a dungeon good luck getting out without the map, especially if said dungeon had darkness areas.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#25tuna-eggPosted 5/22/2013 10:28:34 AM
Thanks for the gameplay link.

Here's stuff I gleaned from it:

- if the MC dies, you can bribe Caron/Charon, the ferryman of the Sanzu river (Styx) to send you back. Apparently, you can have some debt if you don't have enough Macca with you at the time of death, but there will be repercussions if you return to Charon with your debt still unpaid.

- Demons would appear in a large group, and you have to make sure you eliminate a large number of them on your turn or else be decimated when it's the demons' turn.

- By leveling up, you get application points to level up your gauntlet and add functions to it.

- Difficulty can be reset anytime

I'm hyped for this game, but I think I would have to wait for the price to go down first.
#26pariah164Posted 5/22/2013 10:29:28 AM
So happy I preordered.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!