Is anyone digital-only?

#21LavendermoonPosted 5/22/2013 8:04:04 AM
No I don't plan on going digital only anytime soon. With the lack of an account system and digital games costing the same as retail price I'm sticking with physical copies for most of my games. I don't care too much for the convenience of having all my games with me since I'm usually playing one game at a time. I also like the boxart.

I admit that I am going digital for Animal crossing since I don't plan on selling that game and the convenience of having it with me to check on my town daily is great. Besides that the majority of my games will be physical copies.
#22TheWhoFanPosted 5/22/2013 8:07:40 AM
tranceaddict19 posted...
CressDXX posted...
No, because if your 3DS breaks or gets stolen, then you cant play with your digital games.
The same goes when you send it to repair, like i did. I couldt not play my downloaded games.

Im stuck with buying a new 3DS now that they cant fix the problem because they cant find it.
so all my money spent for those eshop games are gone..

Im done with Nintendos Eshop until they do an account system like Sony and MS and Steam.

Learn to take better care of your stuff..

What an insulting ignorant reply. Accidents don't happen, hardware doesn't brake. Ever. Right.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#23WiiFan77Posted 5/22/2013 8:10:49 AM
On Vita, I am.

On 3DS, hell no. Not until Nintendo makes an account system.
---
Official Ditto of the Pokemon X/Y board.
Official Neko Shogun of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#24tranceaddict19Posted 5/22/2013 8:25:01 AM
TheWhoFan posted...
tranceaddict19 posted...
CressDXX posted...
No, because if your 3DS breaks or gets stolen, then you cant play with your digital games.
The same goes when you send it to repair, like i did. I couldt not play my downloaded games.

Im stuck with buying a new 3DS now that they cant fix the problem because they cant find it.

Im done with Nintendos Eshop until they do an account system like Sony and MS and Steam.

What an insulting ignorant reply. Accidents don't happen, hardware doesn't brake. Ever. Right.

No it does "break"

But cartridges can also be lost or break, can I just lose my physical carts and break them and get new ones?

No didn't think so...
---
3DS FC : 2680-9494-1373
#25Binba442Posted 5/22/2013 8:28:11 AM
Pros of digital:

Runs faster (Negligable)
Easier access.

Cons of Digital:

Pricier (This is the biggest thing for me, seriously, I can get Zelda for 15$? Why charge me full?

No resale value (I hardly sell anything, but I like things to be valuable in 20 years.

Account system is silly for me, I'd love to have it, but I don't lose my 3ds/take such bad care of it, that it breaks.
#26AtalalamaPosted 5/22/2013 8:29:33 AM
Hell. No.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJN-SWGei7w <- Eyegasm: Xrd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z74e6bFr5EY <- Eargasm: Revolution
#27siberian142Posted 5/22/2013 8:30:59 AM
Nope.

In Canada, games on the eShop cost about the same, or more, as the games sold in stores. I am fine with buying digital on my PS3 and Vita because there is no tax and there are sales. The eShop rarely has sales and the tax inflates the price quite a bit, defeating some of the point in going digital (cheaper price). In addition, there are also some dangers with buying games digitally with Nintendo. There is little motivation to buy games, other than virtual console, on the eShop in my case.

Though my town only has a Walmart when it comes to game selection, I can find most of the first party games there. When I know I won't be able to, I can order it on Amazon or EB Games. In this case, the game is niche enough that I know Walmart won't handle it and the copies will become sparse; if the game is rare, I'd rather own a physical copy of it.
#28Aegis_RunestonePosted 5/22/2013 8:31:52 AM
I pretty sure I'm a real person and not a digital one.
---
PSN & XBox 360: WarriorAegis
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/402828/
#29CressDXXPosted 5/22/2013 8:32:14 AM
tranceaddict19 posted...
CressDXX posted...

I take good care of my stuff.
All of my consoles from NES up to this generation works 100%

This is my first console that i got defect from Day 1 buy.
The games that crashes are MH 3U snd Code of princess in about 30 secs.
MH3 U is a Retail game and the other is Digital.

I have had 2 MH3 Us copies now and both had the same problem,

We in sweden dont have an Official Nintendo service, so these idiots cant test their things right.

They told me that they tried 70hrs without a problem. and i tried in 30 sec and it crashed.
So now the shop i bought it from sended a letter with approval from them, that they saw the problem still exist.

Living in Sweden sucks . Bergsala doesnt pro test their broken game consoles!

we had an Official Nintendo customer service here, but they shut it down because they where idiots.
---
3DS FC: 1263 6214 2198
XBOX360 GT: CressDX
#30supremeblasterPosted 5/22/2013 8:39:24 AM
Yes, I'm forced to be digital-only. The stores near me don't have new games because the 3DS doesn't sell well here.