Does MH3U get any better?

#11XNo_FearX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 6:23:08 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
XNo_FearX posted...
NettoSaito posted...
The game's about killing monsters, and then making awesome armor sets and weapons to use against other monsters. If you're only 10 hours in, you're actually VERY early into it. Really, the main game doesn't even start until at least the 50 or 60 hour mark. LR, and HR aren't that special, its G rank where things pick up. Although I prefer the Wii U version since I like playing with parties of 4.

I shouldn't have to wait 50 hours into a game for it "to start".

Did you do ANY research on the game before you bought it?

Duh. I know what MH is about. Not everyone says the game starts in 50 hours
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
Playing: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, NSMB2
#12Mega_RatPosted 5/22/2013 6:44:31 PM
It starts around the maybe 15-20 hours, I feel.

Once almost all of the quests are hunt big monsters, that's where the fun begins.

The tutorial is very long and boring, I agree (worse if you're coming from Tri), but it does teach you a lot and eases you into the game.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#13TehTrumpCardPosted 5/22/2013 7:14:05 PM
I think I understand your pains TC.

I only bought this game at the time because it was the first game my IRL friends had and well it would be kinda pointless to not have something we can all play.

Unfortunately the game, for me only feels fun when we hunt in a group as many of the monsters in the low rank mission "bosses" seem to rely on rush spamming to hurt/kill me because rushing me 3-5 times in a row without a break is nothing short of artificial difficulty since you can't save yourself if the rush you into the wall at any point (since I main the Bow).

And in trying to get Carpenterbugs I've started to really hate how many different items are on this game since MH either gives me everythign in one run or gives me nothing in 5 runs.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#14Hardley_SmithPosted 5/22/2013 7:28:12 PM
well low rank is pretty boring since it's pretty much impossible for the monsters to cart you

high rank gets more fun since they can actually hurt you if you aren't careful but if you don't like the core concept i'd say the game isn't for you
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/SephkaBlight
#15ferofaxPosted 5/22/2013 7:44:27 PM(edited)
XNo_FearX posted...
NettoSaito posted...
The game's about killing monsters, and then making awesome armor sets and weapons to use against other monsters. If you're only 10 hours in, you're actually VERY early into it. Really, the main game doesn't even start until at least the 50 or 60 hour mark. LR, and HR aren't that special, its G rank where things pick up. Although I prefer the Wii U version since I like playing with parties of 4.

If you're really good and get the gist of combat real early, you can probably blitzkrieg your way to G-rank, where you get to the peak of the game. But you will still need to grind a bit for a set or two of armor and weapons (and their upgrades) so your damage output can keep up.

That 50-60 hours somebody said? That's more like for personal development. Yes, you as a player need to invest that much time to get to a skill level that can keep up with G-rank. This is a game where the pilot needs to be as sharp as the hunter he drives.

TehTrumpCard posted...
because rushing me 3-5 times in a row without a break is nothing short of artificial difficulty since you can't save yourself if the rush you into the wall at any point

That's a very good example of a monster taking advantage of an opening that you presented. Every monster in the game has a set of moves that they can combo, especially in rage mode where their move sets have close to zero downtime (aside from mandatory taunts) and can be canceled into another move. Basically, if you get hit with a combo and then call that artificial difficulty, you're just blaming the game instead when every hunter knows that it is ultimately your choices that decides what happens next.

Got hit by a stray Bullfango/Rhenoplos and got combo'd? Well, why didn't you just kill them off first then, save you some grief? Your choice.

Do you shoot once and change position, or do you shoot twice and risk getting caught by a charge? Your choice.

There's a single Bnahabra... and you're gunning for Deviljho. Do you succeed, or does Deviljho cart you later because the Bnahabra lucks out and paralyzes you? Still your choice.

So stop blaming the game. Anything monster-related happening in game, you can do something about.

---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#16ss4gogeta_darkPosted 5/22/2013 7:48:45 PM
It gets harder when you beat the game and get to G rank.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#17Mega_RatPosted 5/22/2013 7:53:47 PM
Agreed with Ferofox. You screwed up or didntt know how to dodge an attack. This game is all about growing and learning. No gunner should ever be near walls in the first place.

Do i get pissed if I get comboed? Hell yes I do, but guess what, it was my fault. It's the fun of the game. This isn't a button mashing game, you look for openings and if they don't give you any, patience, it'll come.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://imgur.com/ExbDPIs <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#18trizznillaPosted 5/22/2013 9:08:48 PM
You need to actually enjoy a challenge to get anything out of MH. Since most games practically play themselves this gen, it's refreshing. Saying you took out something big actually means something. And not that you've been power grinding level 1 slimes to level 99.
---
This post made using GameRaven gamma_build_12
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity
#19LHS_2012Posted 5/22/2013 9:21:59 PM
ferofax posted...

That's a very good example of a monster taking advantage of an opening that you presented. Every monster in the game has a set of moves that they can combo, especially in rage mode where their move sets have close to zero downtime (aside from mandatory taunts) and can be canceled into another move. Basically, if you get hit with a combo and then call that artificial difficulty, you're just blaming the game instead when every hunter knows that it is ultimately your choices that decides what happens next.

Got hit by a stray Bullfango/Rhenoplos and got combo'd? Well, why didn't you just kill them off first then, save you some grief? Your choice.

Do you shoot once and change position, or do you shoot twice and risk getting caught by a charge? Your choice.

There's a single Bnahabra... and you're gunning for Deviljho. Do you succeed, or does Deviljho cart you later because the Bnahabra lucks out and paralyzes you? Still your choice.

So stop blaming the game. Anything monster-related happening in game, you can do something about.

I would add "Attack while in a corner or move out in the open?" Most monsters will only really combo you to the point of leaving you without an opening to escape if you are backed up against a corner or some other type of obstacles, limiting your ability to dodge. It can be frustrating, but you only have yourself to blame if you don't take advantage of your surroundings.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
#20lambchipsPosted 5/22/2013 9:50:57 PM
XNo_FearX posted...

If you dont want to wait, do the port quests.... the 1 start port quests have you killing stuff instead of gathering
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green