Castlevania: Mirror of fate 3DS any good?

#1StarStuff666Posted 5/22/2013 5:39:50 PM
is this game really that bad? I was looking at ign and they gave it a 4.5. will I enjoy it if i like all the ds and gameboy advance games? Symphony of the night is my favorite castlevania game if that means anything. I dont expect it to play like the classic castlevania but is it at least enjoyable?
#2thanthenPosted 5/22/2013 5:43:04 PM
Bad, just like their console game. Castlevania is dead.
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#3hazeyvillePosted 5/22/2013 5:53:20 PM
I have the game and enjoyed it. The gameplay is good, not perfect but good. I also like the mythos of the new Castlevania story wise. 3D effect is sweet as well
#4millimaynePosted 5/22/2013 5:55:49 PM
It's not horrible, but it's not that engrossing. Iga needs to return.
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#5gumbyxcore99Posted 5/22/2013 6:20:00 PM
i played the demo it was terrible. i suggest you do the same
---
iller than phil schiller
#6TehTrumpCardPosted 5/22/2013 6:24:24 PM
If you played any of the Castlevanias on the DS, this game is very hard to stomach.
---
I love Nowi!!! http://tinyurl.com/trump-nowi http://tinyurl.com/durrhubba
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#7MagiusNecrosPosted 5/22/2013 6:24:53 PM
You are better off just renting it for like maybe a day?
---
I'VE GONE INSANE! That's how it seems though! Spiteful! Cruel! But wise beyond his age!
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#8GeekyDadPosted 5/22/2013 6:43:10 PM
millimayne posted...
It's not horrible, but it's not that engrossing. Iga needs to return.

It f****** baffles me how Konami could treat this man so disrespectfully. Pay him s***, and he still would manage to make great Castlevania games, games you could come back to again and again.
---
"The hardcore you've been waiting for!"
#9SalogyPosted 5/22/2013 6:52:22 PM
There is a demo for this in the eShop. Try it out first. I did and hated it. It was nothing like previous Castlevania I played before. It is suppose to be like the LOS one for the xbox? Anyways it is cheap now, but it will be cheaper later because it bombed in America.
---
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
#10PStrifePosted 5/22/2013 7:40:38 PM(edited)
I enjoyed it for being a different experience. If it was more fun then that metrosexual leads IGA crap I doubt I would have enjoyed it. It took until IGA's final DS game for me to finally enjoy an IGA game again.

IGA doesn't know what he is doing most of the time, stop getting overly nostalgic for switch character vania and tiny room vania or the annoying stylus interuptus vania. None of these were fun experiences, always some stupid gimmick interupts the gameplay.