Just got my Circle Pad Pro XL after months of waiting...and it's okay I guess.

#1656stoogePosted 5/23/2013 1:11:49 AM(edited)
It adds a bit of bulk to the console, which is nice, but it's not as ergonomic as I was hoping. Plus you can forget about playing regular games that don't support the device with it, because it makes the right bumper almost impossible use, and the new one on the CPP itself doesn't work unless the game supports it.

My other gripes would be how it makes reaching the Y button a bit of a nuisance, and my biggest peeve is that there's no place to put your stylus in it.

But, I have it now and I can play RE:REV with full camera control, so that's something. But I've been playing too much Star Fox at the moment, and for some reason I can only play that with default vertical aiming, which has thrown off my normally inverted aiming when I went to play RE:REV. So I'll have to get over that first before I can give it a proper test run.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#2Retroxgamer0Posted 5/23/2013 1:10:48 AM
the circle pad pro on the regular 3ds is perfect for common use, which is why i argue the 3ds is more comfortable than the xl model.
#3RPGNinja123Posted 5/23/2013 1:16:20 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
the circle pad pro on the regular 3ds is perfect for common use, which is why i argue the 3ds is more comfortable than the xl model.

Buyer's remorse
---
It's a beautiful time to be a 3DS owner.
3DS Friend Code = 0232-8140-1787 (send a PM if you add me)
#4Retroxgamer0Posted 5/23/2013 1:26:03 AM
yeah i do have buyers remorse that i bought a pikachu 3ds xl thats why i sold it off and rebought a regular 3ds like i had.
#5nikowwfPosted 5/23/2013 5:21:02 AM
People often say you can't play the normal games as easy, don't you remove it? 95% of the games don't use it, why would it be on if you aren't playing a game that uses it?
#6656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 5:35:41 AM
nikowwf posted...
People often say you can't play the normal games as easy, don't you remove it? 95% of the games don't use it, why would it be on if you aren't playing a game that uses it?

It ads more bulk to the console. I have large-ish hands and I have a hard time holding onto the 3DS XL comfortably. I'm going to grab a grip attachment one day though. The problem is they're a pain to find in Australia.
---
#7SuperSahPosted 5/23/2013 5:36:46 AM
Works amazing on original 3DS. Adds nice weight to it.

Brill for MH3U.
#8teamaquashockPosted 5/23/2013 6:12:22 AM
SuperSah posted...
Works amazing on original 3DS. Adds nice weight to it.

Brill for MH3U.

I agree. It's like holding a Gamecube Controller!
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#9656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 6:18:29 AM
teamaquashock posted...

Really? So you know how controllers today are kind of 'U' shaped, and you hold onto the handle things? Well does the original CPP feel like those? Because on the XL it feels like a controller up the top, but then it tapers out into nothing near the bottom and I'm left holding nothing where a controllers 'handles' would be.

http://nintendocharged.com/NChargedLibary/2011/09/3ds_circle_pad-7.jpg

http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/circle_pad_pro_side1.jpg

You kind of see it there. See those lumps down the bottom? I wish those were bigger.
---
#10teamaquashockPosted 5/23/2013 6:20:45 AM
656stooge posted...
teamaquashock posted...

Really? So you know how controllers today are kind of 'U' shaped, and you hold onto the handle things? Well does the original CPP feel like those? Because on the XL it feels like a controller up the top, but then it tapers out into nothing near the bottom and I'm left holding nothing where a controllers 'handles' would be.

http://nintendocharged.com/NChargedLibary/2011/09/3ds_circle_pad-7.jpg

http://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/circle_pad_pro_side1.jpg

You kind of see it there. See those lumps down the bottom? I wish those were bigger.

Yeah they feel pretty great, not as deep as the GCN, but it still works. I play MH with that thing for hours.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384