A question for people who have small hands and a 3DS XL

#1Excuse_MePosted 5/23/2013 9:59:09 AM
You don't usually have issues with playing any type of games, right? Or just handling the thing in general.

And for people who have a 3DS XL, small hands, and a circle pad pro XL, are you still able to find comfort in playing games?
#2Loki5677Posted 5/23/2013 10:30:04 AM
no issues
#3SalvadorWarholPosted 5/23/2013 10:44:04 AM
My hands are very small, and sometimes when I have to use the d-pad it feels a little awkward. But you get used to it fast. The larger screen is worth ittt
#4alphame4Posted 5/23/2013 10:45:11 AM
It feels huge in my hands and the base is quite heavy
---
Steam: Spacerik | PSN: Spacemooncow | Wii U: the-fiend | 3DS: 4296 - 2991 - 9745 | Battle.net: RoboWalrus | XBL: cannon fodderr
#5poopfeasts420Posted 5/23/2013 11:39:08 AM
I don't have the circle pad pro but the XL feels very comfortable in my small-er hands (about 5'5" if that helps.)
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#6x_stevey_xPosted 5/23/2013 12:12:53 PM
i have the tiniest man hands there are, and i have no issues at all with the XL.. if anything the L and R buttons were a little awkward at first but i t hink that's due to the design/shape of the 3ds in general and not the size.. after a little bit i got used to it and have no cramping or problems. Also start/select/home can be hard to reach with my thumbs.. but that has no effect on actual gameplay
#7Retroxgamer0Posted 5/23/2013 12:45:22 PM(edited)
my hands are pretty big, and the 3ds fits perfectly with the circle pad pro on 24-7. infact, the xl model with the circle pad pro is too big, and adds too much weight, so if you use one hand on stylus games and elevate the system at all, your hands get tired fast. you also cannot reach the L and R buttons comfortably with the xl ccp attachment, while you can easily on the original 3ds circle pad pro.

without the circle pad pro on both, the xl is a better fit for big hands, but being brutally honest, both systems cramp my hands after only 1 hour of usage without the circle pad pro, it is damnear required for long play sessions. if you are just a casual gamer, you can do without it, but anyone playing a game longer than an hour should be using a circle pad pro.

ive thoroughly tested this, im not just speaking out of my ass, i have played super mario 3d land on both systems for 3 hours straight, and without a cpp, both systems have aggrivated my preexisting carpal tunnel syndrome, because its like holding a perfect rectangle. the circle pad adds perfect game controller-like ergonomics to the 3ds.

i also recommend you stick an attachment on the ps vita, because it benefits just as much from having a grip of some sort. i personally prefer the cool clown one (which is a japanese import) http://lh5.ggpht.com/-hp_cPjvx6j4/Ty4IXkB8oYI/AAAAAAAAAiI/QiLnjFipEK8/buypsvitaassistgrip%25255B6%25255D.jpg

in summary, the circle pad pro is quinessential for the 3ds of any model, and the original one is far superior in weight, comfort, and usability. it is one of the best reasons to pick the original 3ds over the xl model.
#8PhaseSlaethePosted 5/23/2013 12:44:10 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
both systems have aggrivated my preexisting carpal tunnel syndrome

Gee, I wonder why YOU are having such issues.
#9Retroxgamer0Posted 5/23/2013 12:46:37 PM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

well i wouldn't shun the advice on comfort, from someone with a medical issue, i'm telling you what is more comfortable.
#10PhaseSlaethePosted 5/23/2013 12:47:37 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

well i wouldn't shun the advice on comfort, from someone with a medical issue, i'm telling you what is more comfortable.

To YOU, who has overriding medical issues.

Advice on comfort from someone who isn't handicapped already is more worthwhile.