Nintendo Fan Network?

#1Kinneth123Posted 5/24/2013 9:50:54 AM
I found this strange DSiWare app when browsing for things that are free, but it doesn't seem to do anything... It seems to be trying to connect to a baseball field's Wi-Fi with no success.

What does this app do exactly?
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#2parKb5Posted 5/24/2013 9:55:26 AM
Apparently it is an app that can only be used in Safeco Field in Seattle, WA.

It is useless everywhere else.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#3Kinneth123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 9:57:39 AM
Strange.
---
When your friend's last words to you include "Who else will I eat ice cream with?!" You might want to rethink your friends. ^^;
#4ObtuseAnginaPosted 5/24/2013 10:00:25 AM
its because Nintendo owns the Seattle Mariners
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#5parKb5Posted 5/24/2013 10:00:50 AM
I guess it is b/c NoA's HQ is in Seattle, WA so maybe they sponsor the Mariners, that app is to be used to get stats and stuff while you watch the game. According to the description, there is even a kiosk where you can rent DSi systems so that you can follow the game on your system. It is like bringing a TV to the stadium with you so you can get those little behind the scene insights that the broadcasters give while announcing the game.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 mii: Greg
#6ObtuseAnginaPosted 5/24/2013 10:04:20 AM
They don't just sponsor the Mariners they own the team
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_http://i.imgur.com/qtiKuN7.png But if you're gonna cheat,
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-,...you might as well be a fairy while you're at it.
#7Kinneth123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 10:04:32 AM
parKb5 posted...
I guess it is b/c NoA's HQ is in Seattle, WA so maybe they sponsor the Mariners, that app is to be used to get stats and stuff while you watch the game. According to the description, there is even a kiosk where you can rent DSi systems so that you can follow the game on your system. It is like bringing a TV to the stadium with you so you can get those little behind the scene insights that the broadcasters give while announcing the game.

That's kinda neat, actually.

Baseball isn't my cup of tea, but it'd be nice to have an enhanced play-by-play there for those who do.
---
#8Akira1256Posted 5/24/2013 10:07:03 AM
I think someone said in an earlier post that the app couldn't be uninstalled. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life
#9Kinneth123(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 10:10:23 AM
Akira1256 posted...
I think someone said in an earlier post that the app couldn't be uninstalled. Whether or not that's true, I don't know.

I just deleted it with no trouble so that busts that myth.
---
#10Akira1256Posted 5/24/2013 10:11:44 AM
Okay, that's good to know. I don't think it was a myth, just someone's claim. :)
---
Currently ignoring: Real Life