Looking for a new 3DS game

#1Moohaha2Posted 5/24/2013 7:05:26 PM
So I'm saving club nintendo points, but I need one more title to reach the 800 for the hanafuda cards. I've had a few games on my backlist for a while, so I figured that once I have the money I'll pick up one of the following:

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Once it releases in a few weeks)

I loved Devil Survivor on the DS, (played it to death, so not very interested in Overclocked), but I've never played a main series SMT before. Would SMT IV be worth it? It releases mid july, and I don't know the exact club nintendo cutoff before points reset.

Any other suggestions? Before someone says it I'm not hugely interested in Monster Hunter or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

I'm also on the fence about Fire Emblem. I was hugely addicted to Shining Force back in the day but have never played a Fire Emblem before.
#2Moohaha2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/24/2013 7:08:47 PM
I should have mentioned, currently own:

VLR
Kingdom Hearts
Mario 3D Land
KI:U
Nano Assault
Paper Mario
Zelda: OOT 3D
#3bsp77Posted 5/24/2013 7:11:26 PM
Fre Emblem. No question. It really doesn't matter if you played the other games.
#4WitchBaby4200Posted 5/24/2013 7:24:43 PM
Denpa Men. On the eShop. Great game. 2nd one comes out on May 30th. DKCR is pretty awesome too.
---
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened.
#5Monkmaster79Posted 5/24/2013 7:28:06 PM(edited)
Fire Emblem Awakening is a great place to jump into the series.

And if you're not against digital, I suggest you download Animal Crossing. The series is perfect for short bursts of play so always having access to the game is great.

I haven't played Luigi's Mansion dark moon so I cannot comment.

Didn't notice you mentioned SMTIV. It's beginner friendly like Fire Emblem Awakening so it's also a good place to start. Also, first print editions come with a 176 page strategy guide/artbook and a music CD and it only costs $50. Too good of a deal to pass up.
---
Fans. Crazy Titanic fans. - Junpei - 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
Stop quoting people on my ignore list!
#6MereMarePosted 5/24/2013 11:09:53 PM
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (out in July)
Tales of the Abyss (if you're into action rpgs)
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#7Moohaha2(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2013 6:31:41 AM
Thanks for the replies! I've narrowed it down to Animal Crossing or Fire Emblem. I think that both would be good digital downloads (as I tend to get very addicted to strategy RPGs and Animal Crossing). Fire emblem has gotten fantastic reviews, so I'm slightly leaning that way at the moment.
#8EmeraldroxPosted 5/25/2013 6:34:39 AM
FE now, animal crossing on release day.
---
White 2 - 1335-5542-8288 White - 0347-5170-7984
3DS: 4854-6563-5216
#9GhetsisPosted 5/25/2013 6:37:12 AM
Go for Fire Emblem, especially if you liked Shining Force. The two play very similarly, except for the fact that Fire Emblem has (optional in Awakening) permadeath.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?